Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Fairly nice pickup for the Heat. Best is a vet who can hit threes.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
This means that Rod Strickland will probably sign with Cleveland to be their PG, and that Boston, well, I'm not sure what they're going to do. It looks like Boston's choices are Kevin Ollie, Tim Hardaway, or Mookie Blaylock. UGH.

Best will have a big year in Miami, you watch.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Isn't Ollie close to signing with Milwaukee? (from what I've heard, I don't remember where though)

Ollie seems to be a good fit there, as a solid defensive PG to play behind an offense-first PG in Cassell.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Originally posted by <b>BBallFan</b>!
Isn't Ollie close to signing with Milwaukee? (from what I've heard, I don't remember where though)

Ollie seems to be a good fit there, as a solid defensive PG to play behind an offense-first PG in Cassell.
I'll take your word for it. ESPN.com doesn't do a very good job of giving us the inside scoop on this sort of stuff, at least on their free site. I refuse to pay for Insider.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Heat sign Travis Best

Best signs with Heat

September 5, 2002

MIAMI (AP) -- Free agent guard Travis Best signed Thursday with the Miami Heat, his third team since February.

The 30-year-old Best becomes a possible successor to starting point guard Rod Strickland, who is 36 and a free agent.

Best split the 2001-02 season between the Indiana Pacers and Chicago Bulls, appearing in 74 games with 21 starts. He averaged 7.9 points, 4.4 assists and 23.6 minutes.

The 5-foot-11 guard spent 6 1/2 seasons with Indiana. His playing time slipped last season following injuries to his leg and back and the emergence of rookie point guard Jamaal Tinsley. Best, upset when pulled from a game against Washington by coach Isiah Thomas, later refused to go back in.

He asked for a trade in December and was dealt to Chicago on Feb. 19.

Best has averaged 8.2 points and 3.9 assists in 499 NBA games.

·
Administrator
67,770 Posts
So who thinks he starts?

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Lakermania

We already have a thread dedicated to this topic. Merged. Thanks for your understanding. I will PM you regarding this.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
no question he starts... he knows how to play point guard in a traditional NBA offense (read: give the rock to a big man)
and he's a solid, if not a bit scrappy, defender.

Riles'll love 'em

1 - 9 of 9 Posts