Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
101 - 114 of 114 Posts

· Registered
1,734 Posts
yes, the name dwayne wade says it all. absolutely in a different class of players, exclusively with kobe, mcgrady, and some others. man, these guys know how to carry their team on their shoulders wen the game really counts.

· Registered
6,449 Posts
Mike James actually distributed the ball well tonight.

· Registered
2,842 Posts
Team Mao said:
We really need to get someone (draft or FA) who will take the ball to the basket. This team is way too in love with the perimeter.
no doubt we have a lack of talent down low past bosh, but i think a lot of perimeter play we see is because we are usually playing from behind, this game being an exception.

· duke of new york, a#1
16,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #105 ·
Hoff kept carving out space in the post but nobody made an effort to find him besides Barrett. It's not like there is no one on the team that goes inside, it's having Mo Pete and Mike James jack up 15 three pointers that makes it seem that way. 2 free throws for those guys combined; 15 for E-Will, Chuck and Pape.

· Registered
374 Posts
from what i read on yahoo sports, it seems we had some serious rotation problem in the 4th, wut is with barret got owned by payton and eric williams playing in the clutch...also about james celeberating and stuffs........are those true? i didn't wacth the game tonight

· duke of new york, a#1
16,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #107 ·
^ Payton posted up Barrett and drew the double. He's a smart guard and if we don't double him he knows how to score in the post. They ran that play until we were forced to take Barrett out of the game.

· Registered
374 Posts
speedythief said:
^ Payton posted up Barrett and drew the double. He's a smart guard and if we don't double him he knows how to score in the post. They ran that play until we were forced to take Barrett out of the game.
ahh wut about eric williams and james though? i can't figure out y williams is playing down the strech....and wut is with james celeberating and gave up a 3 to walker on the other end?

· duke of new york, a#1
16,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #109 ·
^ E-Will played alright. Drew a foul on the arc and made some clutch free throws. He was in the game instead of Graham, who couldn't hit open jumpshots tonight. He had a sweet alley-oop lay-in though.

We went back and forth on some threes. James hit one and Walker hit one back in transition. I don't know if he was celebrating, I didn't notice.

· Registered
1,519 Posts
^Not quite sure about that either (the celebrating thing). On the yahoo recap, both Mo and MJ were complaining/talking about how players were celebrating after making shots instead of getting back on defense. I didn't watch the last quarter but I couldn't really notice it during the second and third quarters.

· Registered
959 Posts
And that, my fellow brethren, is why Dwayne Wade is a legitimate superstar. Guy killed it out there.

Can't say I'm not surprised, though we had our chance. Props to Hoffa, hopefully he and Sam can build on this (though this wouldn't be the first time that's been said).

· STL4LIFE
5,817 Posts
Hoffa and Sow were banging bodies as if they were NFL OL, really impressed with Sow's integrity, guy is a beast if only he can learn to stay out out of foul trouble he could be playing 25 MPG every night.
I am truley sick of Bonner no D at all whencoverged well does'nt have the speed or ball handling skills to do something, I need we really need to package him in some deal as the PF & SF positions are jammed with PF Bosh SF Charlie C/PFSow Grahem SF, we need a SG & a C, if Hoffa can bring the hustle and effort he brought last night for the rest of the year he should get a final shot to stay, I dont want him bought out/released as dad cap money sucks.

Free agency if any good SG's are out there starting material 16/6 can be clutch in the 4th we should take a look if not grab the best C & find a good SG via the draft.

Peterson is having a breakout year but he gets worn out in games by the last 5 minutes that we as a entire team collapse as Teams Bouble Bosh, James is streeky 1 night he hits the winning shot or the nail in the coffin or he is shooting bricks, someone has gotta step up in the last 5 minutes yto close games.

· Premium Member
17,596 Posts
We took way too many horrible shots in the 4th quarter. And some of those shots that we usually do make just didn't go down last night.
I think that if we were in a playoff hunt right now, we would win games like this, but in the 4th quarter it just looked like Miami wanted it more.

· Registered
11,640 Posts
Turkish Delight said:
We took way too many horrible shots in the 4th quarter. And some of those shots that we usually do make just didn't go down last night.
I think that if we were in a playoff hunt right now, we would win games like this, but in the 4th quarter it just looked like Miami wanted it more.

That makes sense.

101 - 114 of 114 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.