Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
14,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
http://www.nba.com/games/20040210/LALMIA/preview.html

MIAMI (Ticker) -- The Los Angeles Lakers try to extend the Miami Heat's losing streak to five games on Tuesday when they continue a season-high seven game road trip at AmericanAirlines Arena.

The Heat slipped to 0-4 in February with a 97-91 setback at Indiana on Sunday.

Lamar Odom collected 25 points, seven rebounds and seven assists and Eddie Jones added 21 points for Miami, which held a 64-62 lead before Indiana went on a 15-0 run bridging the final two quarters.

The Lakers improved to 3-2 on their trip with a 98-96 triumph at Orlando on Sunday in which they rallied from an 18-point deficit.

All-Star Shaquille O'Neal had 20 points and 10 rebounds but the biggest play came from Derek Fisher, who stole the ball from Rod Strickland to set up a go-ahead layup by Gary Payton with 4.1 seconds left. Fisher had 15 points.

All-Star Kobe Bryant missed the contest and is expected to sit out his seventh straight game on Tuesday. On Monday, he had several stitches removed from his right index finger, which he injured in an accident in his garage in late January.

The Lakers cruised past the Heat at home on November 16, 99-77. They have not swept Miami since the 1999-2000 campaign.
Wade Payton
Jones Rush
Butler Fox
Odom Walton or Medvedenko
Grant Shaq

Prediction-----gonna be close.....kobe not playin is what's gona make it close....if grant could stay out of foul trouble and play shaq ok(meaning not get killed), we have a good chance to win this one

·
15 STRONG
27,487 Posts
Heat win a close one....LA is on the road for a long time...we get Wade back and i'm sure we're pissed about our little losing streak

Miami 99
LA 95

·
Premium Member
2,704 Posts
This is the perfect chance for Miami to end their 4 game losing streak. The Lakers are playing bad without Kobe and Malone and they just barely beat the Orland Magic. I predict the score will be:

HEAT: 95
LAKERS: 88

·
Registered
14,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
out of all Laker players, we are gettin killed by Medvedenko:sigh: hes rebounding everything...the guy must have 5 offensive rebounds all by himself

·
Registered
14,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
wade's hurt again:(...EDIT.....looks like hes gonna be alright.....thank god

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
odom is 2 pts and 3 assists away from a triple double.

·
Registered
14,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
why do we continue to keep george open..hes strokin 3 after 3

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
odom is now 3 assists away with 7 minutes to play!

i see our future in the hands of odom and wade!
butler can bring us someone good, and our draft pick should be a boost if we miss the playoffs!

·
Registered
14,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
fisher now...george and medvenko...why cant we stop these role players..we doin alright on shaq, but we cant stop them...its pissin me off

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
at tis point i dont care anymore abuot the score... not getting pissed off anymore.

just want odom to get his triple double.

·
Registered
14,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Originally posted by <b>Joker</b>!
at tis point i dont care anymore abuot the score... not getting pissed off anymore.

just want odom to get his triple double.
i want to win..id rather win than have odom get the personal stats

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
even if we win and get close to a playoff spot, we're gonna screw up again as usual...

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
so many games we should have won and we lost because of our stupidity.

to start off with the game against the celtics, the cavs... list doesnt end.

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
hehehe thats what i was gonna say

but its not too probable... 1 minute left.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts