Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 100 Posts

· We Just Wanna Chill
12,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The Wolves snapped a 7 game losing streak to the Kings in their last game. Kevin Garnett has been a double-double machine with 23 in a row, the longest streak in the NBA since Charles Barkley had 23 in 1987.

This is going to be a tough matchup for Udonis Haslem.

The Heat meanwhile clinched a playoff berth with a win at the Knicks thanks to the stellar play of our backcourt in J-Will and Wade.

The Heat has won 14 of the past 15 games and riding a 5 game-winning streak.

· And Justise For All
64,303 Posts
It's a tough match-up for UD, but it's also a tough match-up for Blount, Banks and Davis. I like our chances in this one.

· Registered
809 Posts
Gary Payton is questionable for Tuesday's game:

• Gary Payton did not play the second half because of a strained right Achilles'. Payton said the area was swollen but he should play soon ''with some rest.'' His status for Tuesday's game at Minnesota is unknown, however.

· Whiteside of the Moon
9,696 Posts
Last time we played Minne we got lucky and Garnett didn't show up. Just about anytime you play against a KG team your gonna have your hands full. Hopefully we don't overlook this game for our matchup with Detroit Wednesday.

· We Just Wanna Chill
12,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I know this is irrelevant to this thread, but did anyone know that Shaq was fined in the Bulls game?

NEW YORK -- Miami Heat center Shaquille O'Neal was fined $5,000 by the NBA on Monday for a flagrant foul against Chicago's Andres Nocioni.

O'Neal's foul in the second quarter Heat's 85-82 win over the Bulls on Saturday was originally ruled a flagrant foul penalty one, but was upgraded to a flagrant foul penalty two by Stu Jackson, the NBA's vice president of basketball operations.
Sun-Sentinel

Money grubbing *******!!!!!!!!! :curse:

ok, back to the subject...

· Registered
5,063 Posts
If GP is questionable, we should sit him, b/c we need him for Wed..

· We Just Wanna Chill
12,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Dwyane Wade said:
If GP is questionable, we should sit him, b/c we need him for Wed..
yes, that detroit game is a back-to-back. were gonna need his expirience and D and attitude for that game.

i think the same can be said for our other main players to be rested. extend minutes to our bench, simien, Doleac, kapono, Walker etc, and minimize Wades, Zo, Shaq etc to about 25-30 minutes.

I think that can be enough vs the Wolves.

(no offense Wolves fans) :biggrin:

· Registered
14,055 Posts
ahhh.....shaq taking a game off before the big game tommorrow, with a sore thumb. He would usually play, but I think its fine to rest him in this busy stretch of 4 games in 5 nights

· Registered
14,055 Posts
sunshine needs to fix the audio

· We Just Wanna Chill
12,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
wadeshaqeddie said:
sunshine needs to fix the audio
lol, i thought it was my TV.

Wade is doing way to much, we need our other "playmakers" to get more involved.

basically Wade is doing everything while the other 4 are just standing and watching

1 - 20 of 100 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.