Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
And Justise For All
64,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Been keeping tabs on him for just over a year now. He'll be making his UFC debut at UFC 149. He's 31-2-1-1, former Bellator Middleweight champ and hasn't lost since November 2006. This guy is built like a mack truck and is an elite level striker.

There's already rumbles that if he beats Tim Boetsch, he'll be in line for the gold.

Thoughts on him?

·
Registered
414 Posts
I've seen a couple of his fights in Bellator and came away impressed. he mostly stood up with the fighters so I got to see his power. Tim Boetsch is a good debut fight for him. I haven't seen his chin so if anyone at the lower-mid tier level of MW can test Lombard's chin its Boetsch.

i think he'll eventually get past Boetsch but even at that i don't think he should get an immediate title shot. I'd like to see guys like Munoz and Bisping get shots first.

·
And Justise For All
64,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

So much for all the hype.

·
Registered
16,561 Posts
Tim Boetsch is a tough guy. It's kind of a shame he's moving up the ranks because he really doesn't deserve it. Dana's going to give him a huge fight soon and he's going to get destroyed.

I fully expect Lombard to bounce back. I heard he won the fight from a lot of different people, but the judges were just pissed that he didn't push the pace enough. Regardless, he'll get an easier fight and I'm sure he'll be back around the top soon.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts