Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know about his injury . it is 12:37 am in houston and i didn't get any report from nba tv so when you guys hear anything about it please post it.

·
#1 Al Horford Fan
1,260 Posts
Yep, Turk is done for the season. First Christie, now Turkoglu. Hopefully this gets Dwight more touches.

·
kiss my grits
18,629 Posts
Wow, that sucks. I guess that reporter that Augmon squirted was right, the wheels were really falling off.

I'd look for us to sign Jimmy "Snap" Hunter here soon.

The Orlando Magic have been looking to sign guard Jimmy "Snap" Hunter to replace injured Doug Christie, but they are having trouble getting Hunter out of his contract with a team in Italy.

Hunter, who played for the Magic in their summer league, is trying to negotiate a buyout of his deal with Rieti in Second Division Italy, according to his agent, Jermandalon Nash.

The Italian club wants Hunter to pay a $100,00 buyout, but it's more than the Magic are willing to pay. "At this point," Nash said, "whatever happens, happens."

Nash told the Sentinel on Saturday that the 6-foot-4 Hunter would sign a 10-day contract with the Magic if he gets his release.

When asked if the Magic were looking to sign Hunter, Otis Smith, the Magic's director of player development, said, "Not to my knowledge."

·
Premium Member
100,045 Posts
This is tough. I never thought I'd say this, but right now the Magic might even have a difficult time putting points on the board. This is really going to force them to go to Howard more. This really hurts our 3-point shooting too; we have Garrity when he rejoins the team, and then there's Nelson and Francis who can occasionaly knock one down. Hedo breaks his freakin wrist, yet it wasn't a flagrant according to Violet Palmer even though he was taken out in mid air right at the hip.

·
kiss my grits
18,629 Posts
Orlando Magic forward Hedo Turkoglu broke his wrist in in Monday's loss to the Charlotte Bobcats and is expected to miss the rest of the season.

The time frame for recovery is six to eight weeks, according to Magic spokesman Joel Glass, which would extend beyond the regular season.

Turkoglu was averaging 14 points and 3.5 rebounds after 67 games.

·
Registered
5,472 Posts
When Francis gets back, I would have him coming off the bench. I mean if he wants to dominate the balls, he can do it with and against scrubs. Nelson has played far too well to take him out of the starting lineup.

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
That was a real hit for our team, chances for making playoffs reduced...

"The Orlando Magic signed former UCF guard Mark Jones Tuesday to replace"

Who is this guy? Do you think this addition will help?

·
Premium Member
17,636 Posts
I can't understand how that wasn't a flagrant, he was going for a dunk and he gets pretty much tackled into the ground.
I'm not at all surprised that his wrist was broken after the fall.
First Christie is out, then Francis, now Hedo?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts