Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

Who in your opinion has been "the most outstanding player in College Football?"

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
115,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

QB Johnny Manziel (Texas A&M) 273/400 (68.3%) for 3,419 yards, 24 TD, 8 INT; 184 rushes for 1,181 yards, 19 TD

QB Collin Klein (Kansas State) 180/271 (66.2%) for 2,490 yards, 15 TD, 7 INT; 194 rushes for 890 yards, 22 TD

LB Manti T'eo (Notre Dame) TCKLS 103 (52 Solo), 5.5 TFL, 1.5 Sack, 7 INT, 1 FR, 11 PD

·
Premium Member
115,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have Manti T'eo in 2nd place.
Same.

Figure I do this thread every yr, and even though it's automatic thought I'd continue with it anyway. Though there are some people who believe Manziel shouldn't win.

·
I want Waffles.
19,935 Posts
Figure I do this thread every yr, and even though it's automatic thought I'd continue with it anyway. Though there are some people who believe Manziel shouldn't win.
T'eo is my pick out of them because i love the way he lead that ND team. Not just his stats but seeing him on the field be a leader and lead his team to the National Championship is amazing

If ND didnt have T'eo leading that defense they wouldnt be in the National Championship Game. Also i think voting will take into account that T'eo did lead ND there and he will win slightly

·
Through The Wire
23,071 Posts
T'eo is my pick out of them because i love the way he lead that ND team. Not just his stats but seeing him on the field be a leader and lead his team to the National Championship is amazing

If ND didnt have T'eo leading that defense they wouldnt be in the National Championship Game. Also i think voting will take into account that T'eo did lead ND there and he will win slightly
True, but Te'O isn't even our most important defensive player. Rewatch the Pitt game and see how average he looked the first 3 quarters without Louis Nix. Louis Nix is the best Nose Guard in the country and we play a 3-4. By far our most important defensive player.

·
Premium Member
70,380 Posts
Terrible field. I still think Clowney is the best defensive player in the country, so I would vote T'eo third, Klein second because he got hurt, and Manziel first. Weak year.

·
Jesus Shuttlesworth
17,071 Posts
ESPN been decided this

·
Premium Member
100,045 Posts
Not a strong field, but I guess I'd fill out a top 5 something like this with apologies to Collin Klein:
1. Johnny Manziel
2. Marqise Lee
3. Manti Te'o
4. Braxton Miller
5. Stepfan Taylor

·
Registered
17,279 Posts
Anyone else shocked that Tavon Austin is going to New York? I'm surprised they didn't just cut it at 4, or even 3 because Braxton isn't a serious candidate either.

·
Premium Member
115,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That well known site that collects ballots has it at

Last updated: 12/6/2012 1:14 p.m. Pacific. 165 ballots, 438 votes.

J Manziel 79.8%
M T'eo 58.2%
C Klein 34.6

http://www.stiffarmtrophy.com/

·
Premium Member
115,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Awards stuff is full of politics and randomness it. Or they want to reward the SR.

Stiff arm trophy's final projection

Last updated: 12/8/2012 11:35 a.m. Pacific. 205 ballots, 536 votes

J Manziel 81.3%
M T'eo 57.5%
C Klein 33.8

·
Premium Member
115,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

Texas A&M quarterback Johnny Manziel, behind 474 first-place votes, became the first freshman to win the Heisman Trophy. Notre Dame's Manti Te'o and Kansas State's Collin Klein finished second and third, respectively.

Player 1st 2nd 3rd Total
J. Manziel, Texas A&M 474 252 103 2,029
Manti Te'o, Notre Dame 321 309 125 1,706
Collin Klein, Kansas St. 60 197 320 894

http://espn.go.com/college-football...manziel-texas-aggies-wins-2012-heisman-trophy

·
Premium Member
115,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Manziel did.

·
I want Waffles.
19,935 Posts
Manziel did.
Really? I thought he had 1 Heisman worthy game(against a good team) and that was against Bama. He was terrible against LSU and Florida. He Played South Carolina State, Southern Methodist and Sam Houston State...I just really didnt see that Heisman season from him beside the Bama game

I thought T'eo should have won it because of the things he did for ND that didnt show up on a stat sheet.

·
Premium Member
70,380 Posts
Te'o wasn't even the best defensive player on his own team! You could make an argument that Nix and Tuitt were more valuable.

Clowney should have been in New York if they wanted a defensive player.

And I'm sure if you went through the history of past Heisman winners, most played better against terrible teams than they did good ones.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts