Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

Who is the better player

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
3,341 Posts
I really can't believe that this poll is even close. Its Peja.

Reactions: bbasok

· Registered
12,466 Posts
right now its peja.
but a couple of years back stackhouse was a very very good player, and not just a shooter as peja is.

· Registered
4,105 Posts
With no second thought, Peja. Stack tends to shoot you out of as many games as he helps you in. He creates a one on one offensive situation that on average doesn't have great results. I've said it before and will say it again, if Stack could bring his FG% up to 45% or better, he would probably be one of the if not the best player off the bench in the NBA. Hell, he probably wouldn't be coming off the bench.

· Registered
6,449 Posts
Stack. He's more athletic, he's a better finisher and a decent shooter, quicker, better on the drive & is a better defender. But I'd take Peja b/c he's better when you consider the stages they're @ in their careers. Stack does more but Peja's just a far superior shooter & he will always find a place & have an impact offensively on any team. If they're @ their Prime & I had to pick then easily Stack.

Reactions: bbasok

· Premium Member
21,860 Posts
Pe-Ja

· Registered
2,876 Posts
It's Peja.Incredible rebounder

· We Just Wanna Chill
12,067 Posts
Stackhouse at one time was the leading scorer of he league. Hes still capable to produce good numbers if he was a starter. I go with Stackhouse. IMO hes a more "all-around player". when i think of peja, i see a shooter. thats it. very one-dimensional.

· Limehouse Blues
26,986 Posts
Stackhouse is the kind of guy that needs to play for a bad team.He'd have a lot more value as a primary scorer.If he were playing for Charlotte the Bobcats would let him iso and drive enough times to pile up pretty good numbers.If he could do it with reasonable efficiency it would be great...This ain't a bad idea for the bobcats actually seeing as they have a hole the size of Texas at SG.

· Registered
4,105 Posts
Hmm, I thought Peja was definitely a better rebounder than Stackhouse. I mean, it's because of his height, but still. Peja hovers around 6 per game while is around 3. While Stack is better on D (still average) Peja is not that far off.

I think Stack is overrated, and that has been my opinion for a very long time (I remember posting this a few times on this board last year too). When he's on, he's good. When he's off, he kills you. He's a career 40% shooter. I think his % is so low because even when he's on fire he takes some bad shots. He can't hit the three with any consistency. If he could do that, I believe the game would be a lot easier for him because the defender would have to respect that part of his game...but he never really improved his range that much since being in the league.

I think most Indiana fans that are watching Stojakovic would say that his defense was a bit underrated coming in. He was always below average because he was soft and a bit slow footed, but he has improved on D. Peja is a possible All-Star. Stack is a roleplayer. I'm biased though because I don't like Stack's game.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.