Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That Crawford continues to have big games scoring like last night between now and Feb. 19th. It is obvious to me at least that Skiles and Paxson have made their mind up about Crawford and they intend to move him. Whether we agree with that is not even the point. They are making the decisions not us. More games like last night will boost his trade value. Somebody will want to take a chance on him. His value is not high right now(hence the JC,Erob for FWill/SAnderson offer) but a few more games like that should certainly improve the offers. Like it or not I think there is not anything that JC can do at this point to prove to Paxson and Skiles that they should sign him long term.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Under no circumstances should Jamal being traded. He scored 31 on Ray Allen last night. That is enough to keep him right there. Stick it out and find out the lengths of stardom Jamal can acheive. Don't let him bust out and become a superstar somewhere. It needs to be here in Chicago. No Jamal trades!

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
JC is not gonig to be a superstar i can tell u that. its TOUGH for a combo guard to be a superstar. hes gonna be a 18/6*** type of player if given right opportunitly, at best hes gonan be another rip hamilton or chauncey billup. hes not gonna be iverson or francis, lets be clear about this guys.

·
Registered
8,438 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Bullhawk</b>!
Under no circumstances should Jamal being traded. He scored 31 on Ray Allen last night. That is enough to keep him right there. Stick it out and find out the lengths of stardom Jamal can acheive. Don't let him bust out and become a superstar somewhere. It needs to be here in Chicago. No Jamal trades!
Bullhawk, sometimes I just don't think I know you anymore.

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Sith</b>!
JC is not gonig to be a superstar i can tell u that. its TOUGH for a combo guard to be a superstar. hes gonna be a 18/6*** type of player if given right opportunitly, at best hes gonan be another rip hamilton or chauncey billup. hes not gonna be iverson or francis, lets be clear about this guys.
thats the same thing people said about Artest ......

He could never be a star because all he would be is a defensive stopper on a team with supertsars but never the man .

Its way too early to be making those kinda "he is not gonna be " statements .Some people would say he is already on a Rips or Chaunceys level and thats with less than a season asa starter under his belt.

·
Registered
17,149 Posts
Originally posted by <b>TRUTHHURTS</b>!

thats the same thing people said about Artest ......

He could never be a star because all he would be is a defensive stopper on a team with supertsars but never the man .

Its way too early to be making those kinda "he is not gonna be " statements .Some people would say he is already on a Rips or Chaunceys level and thats with less than a season asa starter under his belt.
Well, in any case, I haven't seen any proposed trades that are giving us back a Rip or Chauncy quality player. So why trade one?

·
Registered
729 Posts
Agreed Mike I mean I have not seen one Jamal trade that has us getting someone better than him. Not one. So why trade him? Watch his blossom into a perennial all star here in Chicago!

·
Registered
729 Posts
Oh WOW you thought I was being serious, DMD? Sorry I thought it was obvious my two posts were dripping with sarcasm. My opinion on Crawford has not changed. I feel the same way about him I always have, which can be summed up in one word, YUCK!

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
stop over valueing JC guys.

let's see some of the rumored offers for JC,
knicks' harrington+anderson for JC
clippers jaric+ely or some scrubs for JC
Seattle's antonio daniel/barry berry for JC

and so on..... u know NBA GMs arent dumb. and the fact is even paxson is strongly considering giving up JC for one of those crappy offer says somethign about JC's skills.

if i was the 6'5 guard with NBA level skills and i was given the green ilghts to shoot and be the no.1 offense option on theworst team in the NBA i would probably average about 16pts a game.
i think if rip hamilton was put into JC's position as the no.1 and sometimes only option on the offense, he would easily average about 25 pts a game. heck i bet even Ron murray would have a ebtter stats than JC if he replaces JC.

·
Registered
8,438 Posts
Agreed Mike I mean I have not seen one Jamal trade that has us getting someone better than him. Not one. So why trade him? Watch his blossom into a perennial all star here in Chicago!
Your sarcasm wasn't quite biting enough, Bullhawk. I took you for a changed man for a moment. I should have known better.

:laugh:

·
Registered
729 Posts
Listen I don't think JC is an awful player just not the player everyone makes him out to be. A lot of flaws in that game. Put in the right situation he could be a very solid #3 option. Gotta play him at the point though. I don't see him every getting big enough to play the 2. A certain mentality is needed for SG in the NBA. He does not have it. I just really wish the kid focused more on funamentals. There is talent there. He could be a top 10 PG in this league. As is his he is just an offensive sparkplug for a championship team. I see his career playing out like Chauncey Billups. Struggle for a long time, move around a bit, then find a good situation and turn into a very effective PG. The Bulls organization can't afford to wait that long.

·
Registered
8,438 Posts
Listen I don't think JC is an awful player just not the player everyone makes him out to be. A lot of flaws in that game. Put in the right situation he could be a very solid #3 option. Gotta play him at the point though. I don't see him every getting big enough to play the 2. A certain mentality is needed for SG in the NBA. He does not have it. I just really wish the kid focused more on funamentals. There is talent there. He could be a top 10 PG in this league. As is his he is just an offensive sparkplug for a championship team. I see his career playing out like Chauncey Billups. Struggle for a long time, move around a bit, then find a good situation and turn into a very effective PG. The Bulls organization can't afford to wait that long.
Bullhawk, you're not looking closely enough if you are not noticing that JC's fundamentals and his ability to play the shooting guard position are improving. He's now squaring up much more on his shot and he is learning how not to rush shots when he has the time. He is finally able to hit some catch and shoot jumpers running off of screens. He is now taking the ball to the hoop and drawing more contact. His defense has improved notably.

He's plenty big enough to play shooting guard (his all star opponent last night is the same height with not much more bulk and probably shorter arms).

No, he's not going to put it all together by the trading deadline, but I see notable improvements in Jamal's fundamental game under Skiles, and I give both of them credit. I'm OK to trade Jamal despite this improvement, but only if we are able to garner a promising young player in return as part of the trade (Dunleavy, any Richardson but Pooh, Radmanovic, etc.)

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Sith</b>!
stop over valueing JC guys.

let's see some of the rumored offers for JC,
knicks' harrington+anderson for JC
clippers jaric+ely or some scrubs for JC
Seattle's antonio daniel/barry berry for JC

and so on..... u know NBA GMs arent dumb. and the fact is even paxson is strongly considering giving up JC for one of those crappy offer says somethign about JC's skills.

if i was the 6'5 guard with NBA level skills and i was given the green ilghts to shoot and be the no.1 offense option on theworst team in the NBA i would probably average about 16pts a game.
i think if rip hamilton was put into JC's position as the no.1 and sometimes only option on the offense, he would easily average about 25 pts a game. heck i bet even Ron murray would have a ebtter stats than JC if he replaces JC.
I think you are seriously undervaluing Crawford.Why should teams offer a lot for a guy heading towards FA .They are trying to get a STEAL in hopes the Bulls are stupid enough to bite on one of the crap deals.

Do you realy think teams league wide think Crawford,curry,Chandler suck ?They think the Bulls organization is failing them just like they failed Artest,Miller, and Brand who by the way won 17 games one season with the Bulls but I dont see that posted next to their names on the all star roster :D

If Pax takes one of those crappy offers it will say more about his gm skills than Crawfords skills.Whats weird about this season is Crawford worked out in the offseason with the intention of becoming more pass first at the gm's and coaches request so him being as effective as he is with the current situation is actually pretty good .Imagine if they had him working on his scoring and defending skills last summer .

Crawford is very much a work in progress but if you look at where he has come from last feb to now in terms of production and even his all around game its quite amazing .

Just think some were hoping for a jamal for miles deal . :D

1 - 20 of 31 Posts