Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's up Wiz fans I've just noticd that you all have a really good young team ! ! ! I mean Hughes, Dixon, Jefferies, Russell, Kwame, Haywood, I mean the list just goes on and I haven't even mentioned the vets Jordan and Stack, Russell could go in there too. So I say if the Wiz don't at least win 30 to 40 games this year Blame the management. (Jordan) :D

·
Premium Member
6,118 Posts
Considering they won 37 games last year, I think surpassing that is a real expectation.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Here me out about your Wiz team ?????

You must mean for us to HEAR you out (smile).

·
Registered
17,149 Posts
Whereas last year I thought the playoffs were slightly unrealistic, this year I think they should be within reach. Compared to last year's team, I see the following comparisons:

Big Upgrades:
Stack replaces Rip. Rip was good, but Stack is more stronger, more dynamic and more multidimensional. The more I think about it, at 6'6 and 220, he might be the guy playing SF, letting MJ play more at SG.

Moderate Upgrades:
Russell replaces Nesby. Let's face it, Nesby wasn't that much of a player. Russell is proven and solid. A good pickup.

Hughes replaces Davis and pushes Lue and CWit back on the bench. I've got questions about how much Hughes can step up, but I don't see how he couldn't be an improvement over last year's PGs, especially on D.

Brown, Thomas, and Haywood have a year of experience. Nough said. They ought to be better.

Against those gains, the only real loss we have is Popeye, who, while he brought toughness and steady play, was hardly what you'd call a game breaker.

Additionally, we've added three young players with a decent amount of potential in Dixon, Jeffries, and Grizzard.

In short, barring major injury problems, I expect the playoffs.

·
Registered
9,447 Posts
Good synopsis Mikedc, I think we'll make the playoffs easily this year I think at the worst a 7 seed at the best a 3rd seed, I say we're going to be 50-32, for us to get better someone has to get worse and I think since we've got their best player, Detroit is going to be significantly worse,they'll have the record we had last year, also Boston will be good just not as good with the record, and Philly won't make the playoffs, Hawks, and Magic will be better,

Expect as slow start from the Wiz but as players get more comfortable, they'll pick iy up.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I see you all are very optimistic, you all sound like us Bulls fans :D . But anyways just because the Wiz has a lot a talent that does not mean that all of them will gel together, for example last year's Clips, Bulls, and Bucks a ton of talent but did't make the playoffs. I love all the Wiz YOUNG players I personally hope you all win the Atlantic as long as the Bulls are in the Central. :D Oh yeah MAMBO 47 you got me I typed this thread at like 3 in the morning so you got me. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
973 Posts
1st of all, the Bulls suck... they had nobody... maybe Jalen Rose, but dat wuz about it...

2nd of all, the Bucks are a terrible example to prove ur point. Ur point is that they can't gel together, but Allen, Cassell, and Grob have been together for a while...

So ur left wit the Clips, but they were exactly loaded wit Vets that can win... they had an extremely young lineup wit Brand, kandi, maggette, miles, and qrich in there. and Odom on occasion. But they were young, and inexperienced...

So all three examples are bad examples.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Now saying that the Bulls suck is really uncalled for, o.k. you said that the Bulls suck besides Jalen Rose uuuummmm hello who won 90% percent of the Wiz games for them ? ? ? besides Jordan who was the Wizards last year ? who was there leader Rip Hamilton or Popye Jones. :laugh: Before you say something about another team look at your Wiz Kidz first.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts