Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are some brilliant Celtics fans over on their board complaining about how terrible Paul Pierce is and how he needs to be traded for next to nothing lol.

It's funny they have an All-Star SG/SF and they're not satisfied cause he's not Larry Bird. Doesn't matter that he leads the team in points, rebounds, assists, and probably steals. Without him they'd probably be about 5-40 right now, but since he can't win the title by himself he's not worth the Charmin he wipes with.

Then there are the Bulls who can't find a decent 3 to save their lives. Maybe Pax should offer them a trade for their so-called "overpaid, overrated" superstar. Maybe Pax can send Kendall Gill since that's what the C's fans view Pierce's value worth.

I swear some people are retarded.

·
Administrator
58,359 Posts
well, some of the bulls posters on the internet say the same thing about Crawford. Granted his not a Pierce, but he was looked upon to carry this team and he cannot do it.

Pierce needs more to work with. I have no idea what Ainge is doing. But maybe by next season it will become more clear.

Pirece on this team will cover a major weakness we have. We have some big men we could trade, as well as a gill, but other than that I don't see anything else we could trade.

Pierce is not going anywhere, imo unless a McGrady was offered.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I know he's not going anywhere, but I was just posting on how blind some Celtic fans are. They have a top 10-15 player in the league, but they don't realize that's ALL they have. It's Pierce surrounded by rookies and journeymen. They expect Pierce, by himself, to lead the C's to a championship and it's just not gonna happen. No one can do it by himself, not PP, not T-Mac, Kobe, hell even MJ couldn't do it by himself. They complain about his TO's and they don't realize he has to do it all by himself so he's gonna have a lot of TO's. I just wish they'd be happy with what they had cause I know a lot of teams that would gladly take him if they had the chance.

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
I could see Danny Ainge making a Pierce for Curry type of deal with other parts to it.

He seems very determined to make the Celtics a lottery team.

What does he call that, brain typing?

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
Originally posted by <b>deranged40</b>!
Yeah I know he's not going anywhere, but I was just posting on how blind some Celtic fans are. They have a top 10-15 player in the league, but they don't realize that's ALL they have. It's Pierce surrounded by rookies and journeymen. They expect Pierce, by himself, to lead the C's to a championship and it's just not gonna happen. No one can do it by himself, not PP, not T-Mac, Kobe, hell even MJ couldn't do it by himself. They complain about his TO's and they don't realize he has to do it all by himself so he's gonna have a lot of TO's. I just wish they'd be happy with what they had cause I know a lot of teams that would gladly take him if they had the chance.
I'd even say he's top 7 in the league.he's a Franchise

1 - 5 of 5 Posts