Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, Im John. I used to really love forums as a kid so this rekindles some memories lol. I am a college athlete and I've been invited to play in Europe this summer with other D1 athletes. I need to fundraise $2500 in a month. I understand I can't just waltz up in here like that and not seem disrespectful but click on the link below and check my story I am a good kid

Would anyone please donate for a good cause, Even a dollar means the world to me, If you can share the link on social media or other Forums (Basketball Works Best) please do

http://www.gofundme.com/a06oho

Thanks

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
Came in here thinking "I don't know this guy. No."

Read your story though and you're right, you sound like a good kid.

Good luck with everything man.

By the way, seeing as you don't post around here often I feel the need to tell you I have a weird avatar of Dwyane Wade because I lost a bet with Heat fans when they beat the Pacers in the conference finals. Just in case you were thinking I'm some creepy old dude on the internet.

·
KVBL Champion
7,108 Posts
Just a question. Have you tried asking the bank for a loan? Since you are earning income from 2 jobs they should approve you for $2500.

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
Just a question. Have you tried asking the bank for a loan? Since you are earning income from 2 jobs they should approve you for $2500.
If hes got student loans and shit they probably wouldn't give him a loan, would they?

·
KVBL Champion
7,108 Posts
If hes got student loans and shit they probably wouldn't give him a loan, would they?
Well I was just asking if he tried. Student loans are not seen as negative I wouldn't think as they are not due until schooling stops. And they are theoretically used to get a higher paying job in the future.

Tons of banks also solicit their credit cards on campuses. So they want to grab them as early as possible to be lifetime clients witheir bank. Depositing their income, using their credit cards, getting mortgages, using their financial planners, etc.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey R Star thank you, having the 3rd best SG of all time as your AVI isnt a bad look at all haha

SCDN I am trying to avoid that but you have a point about building a rep. I plan to take on my tuition this upcoming semester with a loan out in my name for the first time. I've only started working for close to a year now.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Help me please!

G'day Ladies and Gentlemen,

My names Tom and I am an 18 year old, 6'6" forward basketball player from Australia. My lifelong dream has been to play basketball in the USA, and recently I achieved that dream by being offered a full scholarship by a prominent Div 1 Junior College. I have a job, however, at this current rate of saving I will not be able to afford airfares from Australia to North Dakota in America; due to the cost and my parents being unable to assist me due to financial hardship. Basketball has been my passion my whole life and I'm determined not to let my dream slip away. Any form of monetary assistance donated would be greatly appreciated.

Thankyou for your time!

If you wish to donate, please follow the link:
http://www.gofundme.com/ag7hnk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Help me please!

My names Tom and I am an 18 year old, 6'6" forward basketball player from Australia. My lifelong dream has been to play basketball in the USA, and recently I achieved that dream by being offered a full scholarship by a prominent Div 1 Junior College. I have a job, however, at this current rate of saving I will not be able to afford airfares from Australia to North Dakota in America; due to the cost and my parents being unable to assist me due to financial hardship. Basketball has been my passion my whole life and I'm determined not to let my dream slip away. Any form of monetary assistance donated would be greatly appreciated.

Thankyou for your time!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Help me please!

Thankyou for your time!

·
Premium Member
14,320 Posts
So I merged these threads because either this is the new scam going around, or these guys should get to know each other. Either way, one thread.

·
Jesus Shuttlesworth
17,071 Posts
Poor R-Star

·
Banned
50 Posts
Ha ha. R-Star got punked.
You never know. 2 completely different stories besides the basketball and same website. I would like to think that your money went to a good source.

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
You never know. 2 completely different stories besides the basketball and same website. I would like to think that your money went to a good source.
Would be nice to think. Little sketchy now though, that's for sure.

Either way, $50 isn't something I'm going to worry about. I'll continue to help out in areas where I think my money goes to good use. If occasionally I get scammed, like I said, $50 isn't something that's going to break me.

·
Banned
50 Posts
Would be nice to think. Little sketchy now though, that's for sure.

Either way, $50 isn't something I'm going to worry about. I'll continue to help out in areas where I think my money goes to good use. If occasionally I get scammed, like I said, $50 isn't something that's going to break me.
Yea, well if $50 is going to break you, then you probably shouldn't be donating money to begin with lol.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts