Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
Don't think so. First guy still looks legit to me. His story checks out according to Lycoming College's roster. He exists on their roster and he's verified to a Facebook profile with that name on GoFundMe. Would have to be a pretty elaborate scam, but I think he's legit. Second guy is much more sketchy.
Good to hear. First one sounded like a nice kid. Second one looked like he copy and pasted the others story and just changed the locations.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #22

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Haha well I promise I am not scamming anyone.

http://www.discoverwilliamsport.com/2014/06/monkam-set-for-tour-in-estonia-with.html?spref=fb

Thank you to everyone that at least shared the page on your social media accounts.

I did try applying for a personal loan and was unsuccessful sadly. Everything happens for a reason and I was blessed to have donations come in to support me.
lol well I posted a link to my press release that is all over online, You can google my name " John Monkam" im on University of South Caroline, Iowa, Syracuse websites with this same Article. The second link is just a picture as well as the attached image you guys can ignore that. But yeah I wouldn't fraud anyone here.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Good to hear. First one sounded like a nice kid. Second one looked like he copy and pasted the others story and just changed the locations.

Hey and RStar I know I emailed you personally from my Gofundme page but Thank You. Idk how I have so many facebook friends and no one suppors me but you end up being the one helping me out the most. It was discouraging at first but I really appreciate you helping a kid out with a dream THANK YOU

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey guys, Im John. I used to really love forums as a kid so this rekindles some memories lol. I am a college athlete and I've been invited to play in Europe this summer with other D1 athletes. I need to fundraise $2500 in a month. I understand I can't just waltz up in here like that and not seem disrespectful but click on the link below and check my story I am a good kid

Would anyone please donate for a good cause, Even a dollar means the world to me, If you can share the link on social media or other Forums (Basketball Works Best) please do

Thanks
Have you tried asking the bank for a loan? Since you are earning income from 2 jobs they should approve you for $2500.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts