Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is kind of two topics in one.

Firstly tonights game against Orlando, Michael Redd goes off for a career high 40 points.

bucks vs magic

Q1: Is it just me or do alot of teams/players set career/team highs against the magic? Is their defense really that bad?

Q2: How good is Michael Redd? Do u guys think hes the real deal? Will he elevate himself to superstar status? I mean the bucks are winning as well, wat else does the kid have to do.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
jesus christ i just noticed Redd was the(43rd pick overall) pickof the 2000 NBA Draft.

43!!! man, and hes drasticalllly improved. he came into the league shooting terribly then averaged 11 the next year then 15 now 21. Every year hes added something to his game. Last year it was his dead eye shooting, now hes taking it to the rack more and rebounding great.

sky's the limit for you bucks fans, i think you guys have a great team here, especially with TJ and desmond as well.

·
"True Story"
1,330 Posts
Originally posted by <b>shazha</b>!
This is kind of two topics in one.

Firstly tonights game against Orlando, Michael Redd goes off for a career high 40 points.

bucks vs magic

Q1: Is it just me or do alot of teams/players set career/team highs against the magic? Is their defense really that bad?

Q2: How good is Michael Redd? Do u guys think hes the real deal? Will he elevate himself to superstar status? I mean the bucks are winning as well, wat else does the kid have to do.
1. I don't know the answer to that because I don't pay attention to the Magic. I just don't think they're worth my time this year.

2. Michael Redd has proved that he's a superstar. It's obvious that Bucks Management has realized this. Otherwise, I doubt they would have been willing to part with Ray Allen. He is without question the leader of the Bucks. The Bucks core is made up of young guys and guys who haven't had much playing time in their careers. Kukoc is their only tested veteran that I can think of. Slowly but surely, the rest of the NBA is taking notice and eventually the world will know. Look for him to represent the U.S. on their next national team. Yup, I said it....:yes:

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
I think Redd's biggest asset is that ugly jumper of his, he shoots very fast and sling shots the ball from almost behind his head which makes him pretty indefensable, he doesn't need any space at all to get off a good jumper. And it doesn't hurt that he is a great shooter.

·
Registered
9,855 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Mike luvs KG</b>!
I think Redd's biggest asset is that ugly jumper of his, he shoots very fast and sling shots the ball from almost behind his head which makes him pretty indefensable, he doesn't need any space at all to get off a good jumper. And it doesn't hurt that he is a great shooter.
Yeah, lol. His jumper looks ugly, but his release is really quick and he's money with it.

As for shaza's questions: 1) Yeah, it seems like it. I remember Duncan nearly dropped 50 on them earlier in the season, now Redd put up 40. There's probably several others who have had career/season high's against them.

2) I like Redd quite a lot as a player. He seems like a young Ray Allen to me. He's putting up pretty similar numbers too. Maybe it's too early to tell what kind of career he will have, but I don't think he will be a 'superstar'. He can become a regular all-star though, IMO.

·
Registered
8,925 Posts
jesus christ i just noticed Redd was the(43rd pick overall) pickof the 2000 NBA Draft.
Whats even worse than that is that was the 2000 draft which is the worst draft in history.

Some of the top 10 picks were: #3-Darius Miles, #4-Marcus Fizer, #6-Dermarr Johnson, #9-Joel Pryzbilla, #10-Keyon Dooling.

some of the 2nd round steals in that draft were Michael Redd, Eduardo Najera, Marco Jaric, Brian Cardinal, Jake Voshkuhl, Eddie House.

Jaric starts over Dooling, and is the better player. Redd is better than any of those top 10 I mentioned, and is arguably better than the #1 pick that year, Martin. Miles isnt bad, but is he better than Najera? If so, probably not by much. Cardinal has been better than Fizer, Voshkuhl has been better than Pryzbilla. Eddie House gets decent minutes for the Clips, and Dermarr Johnson isnt even in the league anymore.

What a complete breakdown in scouting.

·
Fomer Admins are Kewl!
15,460 Posts
Demarr not being in the league has more to do with a freak car accident injury than him not being that great of a player.

·
Registered
3 Posts
i think michael redd is really that good. his shooting is just unbelievable, not as good as peja, but still up there as one of the better shooters in the league.

·
Hokeamaniac
5,775 Posts
I could score 40 points on the Orlando Magic, and I'm a 6'2" white guy with little skill.

That's not to take anything away from Michael Redd. He's a great player playing on a team that I don't particularly like.

·
Registered
50 Posts
i think michael redd is good. but the bucks are not. first they are in the east, so they do not play the better teams that much. they do not have a good center and desmond mason is not that good. they dont even have a pf. i think bucks might make it past the 1st round of the playoffs if theyre lucky.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Reed is a great scorer... if he only knew what is defense...

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Originally posted by <b>ahonui2006</b>!
i think michael redd is good. but the bucks are not.
I disagree.

They are a lot like the Pistons team from two years ago, not a lot in the way of talent but they play their hearts out which goes a long way in the NBA.

They're not going to do damage in the playoffs or anything, but they play hard and will win more regular season games than they should.

·
Premium Member
9,371 Posts
Originally posted by <b>jvanbusk</b>!
I could score 40 points on the Orlando Magic, and I'm a 6'2" white guy with little skill.
WHAT?!?!

You're not me?

We could be the twin towers. Me and you busker, enforcers. :D

·
kiss my grits
18,629 Posts

I've mentioned this a couple of times in the Magic forum. So it is not just you. I'd guess they've given up at least a dozen career nights to sub-par players.

And yes, the defense is really that bad. Absolutely no inside presence except for the few minutes Zaza Pachulia plays. Gooden and Howard are both decent scoring PFs, but neither can guard a chair, especially Howard. And to make matters worse, Ty Lue, Rod Strickland, and Shammond Williams basically let guards get to the middle as much as they want, which exposes the lack of interior presence even more.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Re: Re: Hey get this guys

Originally posted by <b>JNice</b>!

I've mentioned this a couple of times in the Magic forum. So it is not just you. I'd guess they've given up at least a dozen career nights to sub-par players.

And yes, the defense is really that bad. Absolutely no inside presence except for the few minutes Zaza Pachulia plays. Gooden and Howard are both decent scoring PFs, but neither can guard a chair, especially Howard. And to make matters worse, Ty Lue, Rod Strickland, and Shammond Williams basically let guards get to the middle as much as they want, which exposes the lack of interior presence even more.
thats the thing, i havent seen EVERY magic game, but the ones i did see, i was like maybe their having a bad day. But it seems like that is their regular game play. Reminds me alot about chicago, in that the give up so many open j's and easy layups. Just no team co-hesion on defence, and no energy.

I am amazed by Tj ford as well, not just Redd. I honestly thought that TJ wouldnt be doing this great. But the stats are a lie bigtime. The games where he plays well, man you can see it like u can see it in jason kidd. The guys a floor general supreme. This kids got "it".

The one thing i noticed about Redd is that young player attitude where he still has that love for the game. After a good nite he'd be like fully excited and talking about the rush he was getting from being in a zone. Or how much fun he had. Its good to see that spirit. Stars these days go on a ho-hum approach do their job and blame their team mates when they get thier numbers but lose. *cough* tracy macgrady. *cough*

Its great to see a youngster who plays for the love of the game, i hope this will continue once he gets his big dollars. Because its a great feeling that rubs off onto other teammates. And people play well when everyones happy and having fun.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Originally posted by <b>The Franchise</b>!
35 points at the end of 3 quarters... he is playing very aggressive and so what if his new career high is against Orlando... this guy has officially broken out with his string of strong performances.

And at the end of 3 quarters... Francis has 1 FG. Interesting stat.
HAHAHAH from the houston rockets thread. Another Career high, for another player, against u guessed it........ORLANDO

:laugh:

THREAD

·
kiss my grits
18,629 Posts
Here we go again ... Jared Jeffries with 14, tying his career igh with 6 or 7 minutes to go ...

Kwame's got 15 and 15 too, so he might be getting close to a career high in rebounds.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Originally posted by <b>JNice</b>!
Here we go again ... Jared Jeffries with 14, tying his career igh with 6 or 7 minutes to go ...

Kwame's got 15 and 15 too, so he might be getting close to a career high in rebounds.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

they are lettin the wizards get career highs??

I like Jeffries game though... good going!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts