Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Heat board/basketballboards.net... This is, as you can see, my first post. I am an avid NBA fan, but I especially enjoy watching the Heat play, and probably for many of the same reasons as most of you. I've been following basketballboards.net for the past several months now, and I must say, it is clearly the best basketball forum on the internet, though realgm is a close second.
Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself. Can't wait to start posting for real, perhaps tonight, during the big game.

- Ben

· Premium Member
6,119 Posts
blh5387 said:
Hello Heat board/basketballboards.net... This is, as you can see, my first post. I am an avid NBA fan, but I especially enjoy watching the Heat play, and probably for many of the same reasons as most of you. I've been following basketballboards.net for the past several months now, and I must say, it is clearly the best basketball forum on the internet, though realgm is a close second.
Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself. Can't wait to start posting for real, perhaps tonight, during the big game.

- Ben

Hi, I am a heat hater but I still want to come to say to nice to have you on board. Seriously speaking though, I hate the Heat.

· And Justise For All
64,303 Posts
Welcome bhl. I joined the around the same time last year, and I have to say, this is easly the best place to talk Heat ball.

· Whiteside of the Moon
9,696 Posts
John said:
Hi, I am a heat hater but I still want to come to say to nice to have you on board. Seriously speaking though, I hate the Heat.
Why hate the Heat Johnny boy? That's cold.

oh and welcome to the boards blh. :wave:

You are past your prime John. Don't Willie Mays on us John. Don't do it. Get out on while you're on top.
:laugh:

· Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Hey guys, thanks for the warm welcome. Tough loss tonight - imo, a true "indicator
game", and here's why I say that:
a.) Our 2 leading scorers: Shaq/Wade were the only 2 Heat players to reach double figures. This indicates that someone else needs to step up. Walker has proved to be too inconsistent. Haslem does not possess the offensive skills to score double figures night after night, on a consistent basis. J Will is out. Mourning is out. Posey is out. Someone else has to step their game up.
b.) Our defense has too many holes in it. At times, we play excellent, stingy defense, while at other times, we look clueless. Same goes for our offense. The Heat don't appear to have too many methods of getting past a tight defense. When Shaq was doubled (or tripled), he would simply turn the ball over. Besides Wade, and at times Shaq, nobody on the Heat team could handle the defensive pressure.
c.) We were quite careless with the ball. Despite only 9 turnovers, we had some extremely costly turnovers very late in the game.
d.) Payton can't shoot 3's. Period.

There are more things I noticed, but at the moment, I'm feeling a bit disconcerted. I seriously thought we were going to win this game tonight, but instead, we end up losing our 3rd in 4 nights.

P.S. The TNT announcers (especially Reggie Miller) can now proceed to suck each and every one of the Pistons' d****...not that they weren't doing that the entire game anyway.

· Registered
5,063 Posts
Well said bratha

· Sexy Moderator
13,492 Posts
Welcome to the bbbnet blh. :cheers: I'm sure you will have fun on this board and site, especially if the Nets and Heat meet up in the playoffs, that's when the fireworks begin. :bsmile:

· Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
gorilla_unlt said:
You can add another point in there.
(e) Antoine Walker does not belong in the NBA.
:yes: I knew I missed a big one! Thanks for the (really) warm welcome guys!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.