Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
158 Posts
Kobe has to stop shooting those balony three pointers. Its really kills the Lakers momentum. Why doesn't Kobe drive the ball anymore? Its a shame how he's allowing the officials to influence how he plays the game. Just because you don't get a few calls here and there, you resort to shooting low percentage outside jumpshots? Correct me if I'm wrong, most Kobe fans love the guy because he's fearless and never backs down from anything. Right now he's exactly the opposite of what most Lakers fan expect from number eight. It's ridiculous to watch him get easily frustrated and taking the easy way out. If Kobe has an excuse for his unacceptable plays, it should be fatigue. However, according to him, he's not fatigued. So What the hell is wrong with Kobe?!

· What Do You Know??? Shaqtus
20,598 Posts
Lol it's true ^^^... But anyways, I think another one of Kobe's problem is that he's become a target. Coaches want to be the ones that devised a game plan to stop him, defenders want to be the one that claim they shut him down for a game. He's a target, and for a while now, more evident since his 81 point game, he's had to work harder and harder for his shots. Teams are sending all their guys at him, defenders are pressing up into his jersey, coaches are sending in guys to waste fouls on him, and after a while, that becomes a huge weight to carry...

· Registered
4,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I really wasnt going to make this thread, because I always have reason to believe that he'll bounce back on his next game, Kobe like any other player may go at streaks like these but it happened at the worst possible time.

Im just concerned on how we can compete on the post season if our best player hits a wall.

· Registered
158 Posts
S-Star said:
Lol it's true ^^^... But anyways, I think another one of Kobe's problem is that he's become a target. Coaches want to be the ones that devised a game plan to stop him, defenders want to be the one that claim they shut him down for a game. He's a target, and for a while now, more evident since his 81 point game, he's had to work harder and harder for his shots. Teams are sending all their guys at him, defenders are pressing up into his jersey, coaches are sending in guys to waste fouls on him, and after a while, that becomes a huge weight to carry...
Great point S-Stars. But I really thought Kobe would be able to embrace that challenge though. When the opponent's coach is sending two guys to guard him, he would want to take on three guys. If they're sending four guys, he would want to challenge the whole team. You can't see that kind of intensity from Kobe the last few games and its not only affecting him mentally but also physically. He easily gets frustrated and starts complaining to the officials and hes really letting that get into his head. I don't know what I'm saying.. Just so frustrated how a great player like Kobe, with so many arsenal of offensive weapons can't seem to find his flow. Argggh!

· What Do You Know??? Shaqtus
20,598 Posts
deveangeorge said:
Great point S-Stars. But I really thought Kobe would be able to embrace that challenge though. When the opponent's coach is sending two guys to guard him, he would want to take on three guys. If they're sending four guys, he would want to challenge the whole team. You can't see that kind of intensity from Kobe the last few games and its not only affecting him mentally but also physically. He easily gets frustrated and starts complaining to the officials and hes really letting that get into his head. I don't know what I'm saying.. Just so frustrated how a great player like Kobe, with so many arsenal of offensive weapons can't seem to find his flow. Argggh!
Well, let me put it this way. Let's say the United States was only allied with Canada, Sweden, Algeria, and Germany. And the United States announced that they would dominate any country they went against. And so, one by one countries attacked them, and the US was like, BRING IT ON *****ES! I'M THE UNITED STATES AND I'LL FART IN YOUR DINNER AND YOU'LL LIKE IT! And one by one challengers were defeated. But then the allies were unable to help the United States, except for Germany who would show up at the beginning of the battle, totally DOMINATE then unexpectadly leave. And then sometimes Canada would drop a big bomb and that's about it. Sweden would get a really good plan, and they almost blow up the enemies, but then they'd totally just drop the bomb in the wrong place because their planes were too small and they couldn't hold the bombs. And sometimes Sweden would go steal some of their guns and stuff.And so the US would weaken and weaken and weaken. Eventually, the US has to rebuild it's army. So it's allies need to show up and help out the US, that way, not so many of it's soldiers die... Or maybe, the U.S needs to divert some of the wars over to it's allies, so they can battle. That way, the U.S could strike with it's force only in selected spots. Helping the allies, and making itself much more effective. You get where I'm going with this? :meditate:

· Registered
1,758 Posts
S-Star said:
Well, let me put it this way. Let's say the United States was only allied with Canada, Sweden, Algeria, and Germany. And the United States announced that they would dominate any country they went against. And so, one by one countries attacked them, and the US was like, BRING IT ON *****ES! I'M THE UNITED STATES AND I'LL FART IN YOUR DINNER AND YOU'LL LIKE IT! And one by one challengers were defeated. But then the allies were unable to help the United States, except for Germany who would show up at the beginning of the battle, totally DOMINATE then unexpectadly leave. And then sometimes Canada would drop a big bomb and that's about it. Sweden would get a really good plan, and they almost blow up the enemies, but then they'd totally just drop the bomb in the wrong place because their planes were too small and they couldn't hold the bombs. And sometimes Sweden would go steal some of their guns and stuff.And so the US would weaken and weaken and weaken. Eventually, the US has to rebuild it's army. So it's allies need to show up and help out the US, that way, not so many of it's soldiers die... Or maybe, the U.S needs to divert some of the wars over to it's allies, so they can battle. That way, the U.S could strike with it's force only in selected spots. Helping the allies, and making itself much more effective. You get where I'm going with this? :meditate:
Damn, :clap: i think i got it, letme see.. Germany is Odom, Canada is Smush, Sweden is Kwame.. LOL i think USA need to find England.. :biggrin: :rocket:

· Registered
4,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
S-Star said:
I cant believe i just read this crap...i want 2 minutes of my life back. :laugh:

· Registered
1,361 Posts
Kobes problem on offense if he has to work so damn hard to get a bucket. He NEVER gets an open layup or open dunk. There is just so much help D when he does anything, thats he can only score from the outside right now. He just never gets in the paint. He'll figure it out soon though.

· Registered
4,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
"I was on the track all summer long, two hours a day. I feel like I can run all day."-Kobe Bryant

Lakers guard Kobe Bryant, attempting to dispel the notion that he'll fade in April after the scoring load he's shouldered all season.

A four-game stretch entering the weekend, in which Bryant averaged a mere 26.5 points, could be viewed as cause for concern. Yet Bryant is still at 34.8 points per game for the season and thus still positioned with a shot at becoming just the second player since 1970 to score 35 a game.

· Snapping Necks and Cashing Checks
12,591 Posts
S-Star said:
I was having a terrible day and this post just made it all better! :rofl: Repped!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.