Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sorry I had to start a new one cause Patch locked the old one.

http://www.basketballboards.net/forum/showthread.php?t=194062
Sir Patchwork
Target Champion!

RPG Character

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I still think it's crazy to think the Clippers improved this offseason. They got worse. Jaric was a point guard who could play defense, guard multiple positions, shoot, slash and do everything on the court. Versatile. Then they had Simmons who was a great player off the ball, and got his points by running off screens and catching and shooting. Then they had Maggette who was the isolation player who scored the most but also controlled the ball the most.

Now they've lost Jaric and Simmons, who did great work off the ball and had great all around games. They've added Mobley and Cassell, who are both one dimensional scorers who need the ball in their hands to do it. They are isolation players. Their skillsets basically overlap with Maggette.

I feel so bad for Elton Brand. He is the guy who should be taking the most shots, but thanks to the three guys playing in the backcourt, he isn't going to see the ball near as much.

Lakers will improve based on continuity. Their actual player additions are pretty marginal, Bynum will be solid, Brown will probably solid. I think Jackson will get the most out of Odom and Kobe. Jackson knows how to work that type of magic, and the offense will look a lot better. That is pretty good news for Lakers fans too, because the Lakers were a top 10 offensive team last season.

Which brings me to the next point, defense. All the Lakers have to do is play hard defense next season and they'll be a much better team than the Clippers. The fact that the Lakers bulked up their frontcourt makes me think they'll be better defensively.

Then the Lakers need the things that went wrong last season to fall in place this year. I'm sure Kobe won't miss a month of the season again. I doubt they'll change coaches and systems halfway through the year.

Lakers will be better by atleast 10 games.

http://www.basketballboards.net/for...ad.php?t=194062

·
Registered
4,582 Posts
Clipper fans need to clam down. Damm it's only 6 games into the year. I think this team can do great things but the season is a marathon not a sprint. Just calm down and relax and once the clips make the playoffs. Then start talking. For now just sit back with a smile and enjoy it.

·
Curse of the Sonics
20,794 Posts
Actually, Weasel locked it. I can't lock threads in the Clippers forum, I'm a mod in the General forum. I hope Weasel keeps this open actually, because it'll come back to bite you in the ***, but he is a good moderator and will do his job, which means this thread will get closed like your other one.

·
Retired
17,913 Posts
Thread closed

Please stop from creating these threads. Calling out a poster like this in the public is a no no. If you want you can PM Patchwork, if you want to wish and discuss further with him personally as to why you think he is wrong and such. These kind of threads go no where.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.