Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow!!!!!

We are 4-6, not like 20-30! What on earth did you expect. We are obviously a second half of the season team. We run a system that takes a little while to learn, and once everyone gets it, it becomes extremely effective. Can you imagine if some of these panic attack Laker fans were Rockets Fans, Or Kings Fans, or Bulls Fans, Or Suns fans. You would probably jump off a bridge! Look at how high the expectations were for those teams, and there just as "bad" as us right now. The season is 10 games in, i know it was weird having such a long offseason, but it made some of you guys go insane. Just relax! Lets not trade Lamar (unless its for KG :biggrin:) and lets give Kwame more then 10 GAMES to see if we can officially say he sucks.

I know Laker Fans are used to winning, and we are still going to win, but lets just relax, i bet by the allstar break, we will be right around the 7th or 8th playoff seed, WE ARE GOING TO BE FINE!

GO LAKERS!

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
LakerLunatic said:
Wow!!!!!

We are 4-6, not like 20-30! What on earth did you expect. We are obviously a second half of the season team. We run a system that takes a little while to learn, and once everyone gets it, it becomes extremely effective. Can you imagine if some of these panic attack Laker fans were Rockets Fans, Or Kings Fans, or Bulls Fans, Or Suns fans. You would probably jump off a bridge! Look at how high the expectations were for those teams, and there just as "bad" as us right now. The season is 10 games in, i know it was weird having such a long offseason, but it made some of you guys go insane. Just relax! Lets not trade Lamar (unless its for KG :biggrin:) and lets give Kwame more then 10 GAMES to see if we can officially say he sucks.

I know Laker Fans are used to winning, and we are still going to win, but lets just relax, i bet by the allstar break, we will be right around the 7th or 8th playoff seed, WE ARE GOING TO BE FINE!

GO LAKERS!
Lakers have a tough 2nd half schedule

still dont think they will make the playoffs this year but.......... never know

·
Elite Member
15,161 Posts
The Lakers' 2nd half schedule is not that tough, their schedule starting December 6th and ending around early February is tough.

·
Registered
14,165 Posts
LakerLunatic said:
Wow!!!!!

GO LAKERS!
Good post, Lunatic. :clap:

Still... :cry:

·
Premium Member
27,241 Posts
Is it that hard to ask for a win? Seriously.. 5 of the 6 last games.. Absolutely pathetic results. You play to win games.. Sure they are 4-6 and I want them to win but I've tried to be realistic about this current roster and here we are..

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
exactly, you could be 3-7 with Kobe in and out the lineup with a back injury. 3-3 with him...0-4 without him. All the while playing an unusual amout of back to backs... never giving him time fully recover.

<---it really does suck

·
Registered
749 Posts
Brian34Cook, I agree with you. Lakers are playing pathetic. yes offense takes more time but how about rebounding man? we suck in that too. earl boykins can rebound better tham Mihm and Kwame

Brian34Cook said:
Is it that hard to ask for a win? Seriously.. 5 of the 6 last games.. Absolutely pathetic results. You play to win games.. Sure they are 4-6 and I want them to win but I've tried to be realistic about this current roster and here we are..

·
Registered
208 Posts
I don't see how you can judge a season by the first 10 games. Like Laker Lunatic said, the Triangle can't be learnt over a couple of hours. PJ says in his book that it takes 3 years to become very good with the triangle. Anyways I'll continue believing in the Lakers even if they aren't playing as well as I think they can.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Im shure LakerLunatic, that by the halfway mark they will be alot better than they are now, but I seriously doubt that they will make 7th spot and I think they will have to fight for 8th.

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
i think what most people are trying to say is that they don't see the EFFORT in most of the players when it comes to rebounding, defense, and intangibles...the triangle doesn's teach those

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
NOODLESTYLE said:
ya Kwame just needs to learn how to catch the ball and make an easy open jump shot, the Lakers will be good. I say give it until after the All-star break when Kwame finally starts making them shots and catching the balls.
i honestly dont think he will. it's been 4 years dude. he is about 23 years old...if you can't catch a ball by 23...there is no hope...my analysis.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts