Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Posted this question on another thread ... in event you didn't see it: Any truth to the mention I received that the Northeastern game's start was delayed because the floor wasn't put down. That's what I'm hearing down here.

What's up?

·
Registered
280 Posts
yeah, i found that out the hard way.......i usually wait until the national anthem starts to try and park, because that way the security leaves the lot around alfond and you can park near the building instead of say, Veazie!~!!

so it was about 7:15(a 7 start scheduled) and they're still guarding the lots to Alfond like a gulag(yeah, wouldn't want a ticket paying fan to get a parking space near the building....better that we keep them empty in case we get that 5600 men's basketball crowd we've anticipated for 20 years). when i begged to let me in(successfully i might add), i parked and ran in and there was still 5 minutes of warm ups left.....didn't start till around 7:30 or so.

chet and bainsey........seen the mock up for the alfond renovations yet? people aren't going to be calling it an ugly old barn, that's for sure. this isn't a bow tie on a pig.....it's more like lipsuction, hairplugs, jaw implant, and tummy tuck to the building. it will look great.

that said, i've heard talk that certain powers that be are seeing if the $25 million for the student center can't be used to make a basketball only/rec center and then retrofit the field house for $5-$8 million as the student rec center............makes sense to me.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is there anyplace online that we can go to get a look at this? Where did you see it? Sounds interesting. If it provides a permanent, quality facility for the programs, its fans and the students of the university ... then let's get the ball bouncing on this.

·
Registered
280 Posts
they have a mock up by both entrances........it will contain new concessions, new hall of fame, new bear necessities stores, lighting, tv monitors which will show great moments in UM sports on a loop, among other things........

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ooops, my mistake. I didn't notice that you were describing the "Alfond" improvements and was thinking Memorial Fieldhouse. Yes, I've seen the Alfond/hockey stuff. That's great, but I have to admit, more interested in what can/will be done for the basketball programs.

Let's hope it happens because, really, hockey deserves to have Alfond all to itself and the basketball programs should have their own facility.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.