Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Take him, please!!! Oh, and good luck too! You're gonna need it!

·
Wooden the Wizard
13,621 Posts
He finished 28-6, 14-2 with playing a relatively young bunch. I know, I know, a Hayes, Azubuike, Sparks, Moss are all upperclassmen, but to be relying on so many young guys for big minutes - i think that's pretty impressive. Loss @ UNC, vs. Kan, USC, @ UF (by 1) then again in the tourney to UF and then last night. Minus the USC, that's losing to some decent teams. You're being too harsh.

·
Limehouse Blues
26,988 Posts
Jesus Christ isn't going to come back to replace Tubby
Smith on the sidelines and no human being can ever do enough to please the lunatic fringe in Kentucky.Seriously
what do you expect your coach to do?Tubby must be averaging twenty five wins a year and he's not had tremendous talent the last couple of years.If he ever did
have an off year it's going to be really ugly for him and
everyone else in the program.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Diable said:
Jesus Christ isn't going to come back to replace Tubby
Smith on the sidelines and no human being can ever do enough to please the lunatic fringe in Kentucky.Seriously
what do you expect your coach to do?Tubby must be averaging twenty five wins a year and he's not had tremendous talent the last couple of years.If he ever did
have an off year it's going to be really ugly for him and
everyone else in the program.
True, but if Tubby would do something in the post-season, I'm sure UK fans would be happy. He may win 25 games/year, but he hasn't won a title except his 1st year there, and you could argue that was with Pitino's talent

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,262 Posts
Is the Elite Eight really nothing? He's been to a Final Four (his first year in 98).

Elite Eight in 1999 (lost to Michigan State in Izzo's first of 3 straight final four teams).
Second Round in 2000 (lost to Syracuse that had Damone Brown, Jason Hart and Etan Thomas. They were seeded 5th that year).
Sweet Sixteen in 2001 (lost to a hot USC team, that ended up losing to Duke).
Sweet Sixteen in 2002 (lost to Maryland, the eventual national champs).
Elite Eight in 2003 (lost to Dwyane Wade and Marquette).
Second Round in 2004 (upset by UAB).
Elite Eight in 2005 (lost to Michigan State and Izzo again in Double OT and had possibly the youngest team in college basketball at his disposal).

I can't get down on Tubby, because at almost any other school, this would be tremendous. Unreal expectations when you don't have superstar pro talent on the roster.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts