Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

Hey was Bosh in tears? Know why?

828 views 19 replies 12 participants last post by  rapsfan4life 
#1 ·
Takes a real man to cry in front of thousands of people in person and knowing he was watched by tens of thousands at home.

Does anyone know why he was in tears?

-Joe C.

#3 ·
madman said:
He was crying cause the whole season
More specificly. Let's look at exactly what he has through the whole season

This is his sophmore, he comes into camp added a few pounds and is the 2nd option on a team with a lot of talent, VC, Rose, Mo, Marshall. Start out the season 4-1 and everything seemed like it was in place. The Vince trade rumors had died down and we were beating some good teams (Detroit, Houston, Portland).

Then we went on the Road for a 6 game western road trip going 1-5, Vince started playing like ****, having 2 point and 4 point games. Trade rumors then were swirling like crazy. Not only VC but with Rose and Marshall, which really destroyed our chemistry at the time. No one was uncertain about where they would be playing the rest of the season.

Then Vince was traded, and the players we recieved back were supposed to give our team more defense. Eric right away was unhappy leaving his home state team, Aaron has barely played this year until recently,

At the time of the trade we were 8-17 meaning since our great start of the season we went 4-16:uhoh: We did have some reason though, we had played the most games of any NBA team and the most road games ( two 6 game road trips in the first 2 months)

Immidately after the trade people assumed that Chris was able to take over the frachise from Vince when he admited that he wasnt ready to accept that role.

There was the fights between Rafer Alston and Sam mitchell; but that is for another thread. Which also didnt help the media's perception of the team, that is all that people were talking about. Even after wins the only topic was Sam and Rafer.

The media also was calling this team a playoff team, when most people knew that they would be very hard pressed to make it. Even now (well maybe not any more after being offishially eliminated from the playoffs) they still show comericails for raptor tickets and they say 'Watch them fight for theyre spot in the playoffs.

The media has WAY too high expecatitions. People get obbsesed how this team hasnt made the playoffs in the last 3 years. Well we are celebrating our 10th annaversy season, if you ask me 3 playoff appearences and moving to the 2nd round (1 game away from ECF) in 10 years is pretty good. Ask fans in Oakland how it feels not to be there for more then 10 years.

More recently there was Jalen calling out Rafer, which isnt good considering Jalen is supposed to be the vocal leader of this team, and that isnt good when he is singling out one player.

Really the only positives this season for Chris has been the improvement of his personal game, a stretch where he had 5 straight double-doubles(all on the road).

Hopefully these picks from NJ can help us through the draft, 4 picks in the next 2 years can be extremly helpfull. Next year will be different i hope. Alvin will back, and we are just a few pieces away from making it back to the playoffs, manily another C, a pass first PG (if rafer continues playing like has for a few games this season) and a consistant shooter.

#6 ·
There have been a lot of low points this season. Chris has worked his *** off the whole year and for it to seemingly go to waste, for the second time in his career, must've been hard. He should realize that he's made a tremendous amount of progress this year and in the near future he will be rewarded for it both individually and as a team--it's just going to take time to get this franchise totally turned around.

#7 ·
the fact that he cried about the whole season and that..shows one very very important thing...that he will be a very very good leader.....why u ask?? Because it shows that he is an emotional person, and that is key in a leader...a leader is someone that anybody can approach, for example in the future if younger players ever need to talk to anybody Chris can be that person, they wont be afraid or feel intimidated to talk to him....Chris is impressing more and more everyday...he is a truly special player..and like speedy said...he needs to realize that all this hard work will eventually payoff as he will lead this team into the playoffs and hopefully champioship contention....

#8 ·
Has he released a statment, or answered the question to the media?

I'm sure it must have been asked already.

-Joe C.

#11 ·
speedythief said:
"I will use the fact we'll miss the playoffs as motivation," Bosh said. "I'll remember this feeling when I am in the weight room working on my game. I want to win games and this is frustrating."
Really admirable. Thanks speedythief.

-Joe C.

#12 ·
I didn't see it but I feel for Chris' pain, as Raptors fans we all feel it too.

I hope next year there will be an infusion of players that actually care as much as Chris does about winning and not thier own personal stats. Next year I hope we can have a different look

Chris Bosh
Alvin Williams
Julius Hodge???????????????
Sheldon Williams ?????????????
Jarred Jack ???????????????

#17 ·
poor guy, he too, wants to be on a team that will give him a shot at the glory, Dwayne, Lebron, Carmelo, all going to the playoffs, Chris too want top be apart of the action,, Raps better improve and make some smart decisions during the summer to keep this guy here.

#18 ·
He was crying because it hurts him to lose so much. I think mainly it was the horrible frustration of him not being able to crack the bulls as they always control him. Basically I am glad he cares so much, its what our sorry team needs, a leader that cares and doesn't GO OVER AND SHAKE THE OTHER TEAM"S PLAYERS, cough cough WINCE cough cough.

That quote from Bosh was inspiring, that's the spirit that MJ a legend. :cry:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.