Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
kiss my grits
18,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reports are that Grant Hill has the ok the play full out and has been practicing like normal lately. They say he will return for the final 10 games of the season, because if he only plays 10 games then insurance will cover 80% of his salary.

He says he feels real good, but then laughed and said that he's said that before.

I wonder what effect the 10 games will have on his contract ... unfortunately, if he does play I don't think Orlando would be able to get his contract off the books next year as they would have if he didnt play at all and was forced to retire.

Owell, if Big Z can come back, maybe Hill can too.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Man they do this every season and every season after 10 games hill screws up his ankle again. Maybe they want him to stuff it up so then he retires and they get that insurance money.

Orlandos season is looking pretty screwed right now, if this trend continues theres no reason for hill to play those final 10 games. He should just rest up untill next season, and keep conditioning over summer.

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
If him playing in those final 10 games has no effect on how much Orlando owes him, when he can retire and get the money of the Magic's cap, and other similar things, then I think he should go for it. If not, then he really should just sit.

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
I don't understand, what's the point of coming back if he's only going to play 10 games? I get the whole thing about the insurance, but I'm saying, what is the point? I want to see Hill come back strong just as much as anyone, but he should just rest his ankle now and try to come back next year.

·
Registered
591 Posts
hmmm.... when hill returns maybe we could trade him for somebody? but hill and t-mac work well together but howard has to golet drew gooden work his potential, remember the 12 ppg and 14rpg he had in last years playoffs? trade howard for a center hmm, how bout tyson chandler?

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Grant Hill is a true warrior who was the last man standing in the 2nd World War. He will lead the Magic to the 2nd round. The guy is amazing. I am proud of him so much. He is going to go all Jordan when he comes back.

·
Registered
3,819 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Mattsanity</b>!
Grant Hill is a true warrior who was the last man standing in the 2nd World War. He will lead the Magic to the 2nd round. The guy is amazing. I am proud of him so much. He is going to go all Jordan when he comes back.
I agree with you totally, but what does " Grant Hill is a true warrior who was the last man standing in the 2nd World War. " mean? And for him going Jordan, your pushing it.

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Originally posted by <b>MJG</b>!
If him playing in those final 10 games has no effect on how much Orlando owes him, when he can retire and get the money of the Magic's cap, and other similar things, then I think he should go for it. If not, then he really should just sit.
If he were to get injuried again, they would have to wait 2 years from that time he sat out to retire and come off the books. Right now he is close to half way there, and it would all reset for 10 games if he were to get hurt in the preseason.

-Petey

·
kiss my grits
18,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by <b>Petey</b>!

If he were to get injuried again, they would have to wait 2 years from that time he sat out to retire and come off the books. Right now he is close to half way there, and it would all reset for 10 games if he were to get hurt in the preseason.

-Petey
Thats what I thought. He should not come back this season. He should spend all summer playing, wherever and whenever he can. If he can make it through the summer just fine, then go ahead and play. But if he comes back at the end of this season, and then realizes it aint gonna work, then he has majorly screwed Orlando. I know he loves the game and wants to be a warrior and all, but he should at least give management the benefit of the doubt since they've paid him 30-40 million the last few years for about 40 games worth of play.

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
I think he should play last 10 games.. just jogging..not running full stretch.. he shouldnt EVER drive in even if he is able to.. He should just take jumpshots etc. hehe

If Hill is back 100% healthy with no ankle trouble.. he will be 10x what bogans is right now..

·
kiss my grits
18,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by <b>courtside</b>!
I think he should play last 10 games.. just jogging..not running full stretch.. he shouldnt EVER drive in even if he is able to.. He should just take jumpshots etc. hehe

If Hill is back 100% healthy with no ankle trouble.. he will be 10x what bogans is right now..
Yeah, but if he comes back and then the ankle goes bad again, like Petey said, Orlando doesnt get cap relief for 2 years. If plays over the summer and the ankle goes bad, then he would probably retire. In which case, his contract would be coming off the books sometime in 2005 .. imagine what Orlando could do with a 14 million dollar contract that will come off the books in 2005. That would be some good trade bait.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts