Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Following Wednesday's game, Bulls guard Kirk Hinrich had three long scratches across his chest and on both arms, the result of overaggressive defense. He was fouled with 3:35 left in the game and checked for blood before walking to the free-throw line.

Hinrich also was part of the lethargic starting lineup that coach Scott Skiles pulled from the floor four minutes into the third quarter. The rookie from Kansas admitted he had trouble dealing with the minuscule crowd and dead atmosphere at Philips Arena.

"I've got to do something to get up for the game," Hinrich said. "I've never played in an atmosphere like that. I'm not saying that's an excuse for not playing that well. But with nobody there, it's just different. It's an adjustment, and it has to come from within."

Wednesday's attendance officially was listed as 10,568, but there probably was half that in the building. The Hawks are last in NBA attendance with an average of 13,865.
http://dailyherald.com/sports/sports_story.asp?intID=38008118

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
Hmmmm, if anyone but Lord Hinrich had said this, half of htis board would be chipping in to rent a U-Haul for moving that player out of town.

Personally, I can understand Hinrich's situation so I won't be critical.

My point is that we are so starved for news...good, bad or indifferent that we over analyze everything that occurs. Relax people....Go visit Benny The Bull and breathe deep.

Also, before anyone proposes to trade GB for a ESPN Mod or RealGM Mod and 2nd round draft, remember that GB, like other veterans is entitled to a mistake now and then.

PS - GB - I'm sending you the bill for the heart attack you gave me this morning.:grinning:

·
Registered
8,604 Posts
hey GB. chill. he wasn't injured and the way i read this is that he is trying to dig deep within himself for the answer. it wasn't an excuse IMO. he's never experienced this much losing in his life. not an excuse.

cblizzy had a good comment in the thread last nite about hinrich being the only one who was actually taking the game seriously and that's probably why his play was uptight.

and if he was "indifferent" then WTF was eddy?

·
Registered
8,438 Posts
Yep, well, Hiney wasn't really accomplishing much on the court last night. It's a rarity, so that makes it a little easier to take, but that does not mean it's a good thing. With a little help in the 4th, we might have won the game. Yes, the adjustment does need to be made from within. Hopefully, he'll learn how to make it.

But I feel bad for the Atlanta players. It must suck to play there 41 times a year, to have no support.

·
Premium Member
8,802 Posts
Hinrich did have a stinker of a game last night but given his good consistent play of late I guess he's due. He really didn't look like he had any injury last night and he got stripped a lot. Part of that is him not getting calls I am sure. I only hope last night was an abberation and not a sign that Kirk is hitting the dreaded rookie wall.

·
Registered
10,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by <b>chifaninca</b>!
Hmmmm, if anyone but Lord Hinrich had said this, half of htis board would be chipping in to rent a U-Haul for moving that player out of town.
Thats because his history, like mine, is virtually impeccable. ;)

Also, before anyone proposes to trade GB for a ESPN Mod or RealGM Mod and 2nd round draft, remember that GB, like other veterans is entitled to a mistake now and then.

PS - GB - I'm sending you the bill for the heart attack you gave me this morning.:grinning:
Send it to my lawyer please, his name is Tom B. ;)

Thanks for the vote of favor. :)

·
Registered
6,909 Posts
Boy, how quickly has Atlanta become the basketball exile of the NBA.

It's actually pretty sad considering Atlanta is a beautiful city (for the most part) and has been growing rapidly in recent years.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts