Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All this talk about Curry leaving or trading Nocioni and Davis, but what about Hinrich?

We need a big 2 guard so that teams just won't take advantage of us in that position. When it comes to the playoffs, our players will be tired out and its a weakness that will be exploited dearly.

Take Hirich with Davis, who's contract expires which will be tempting to many teams and go get a 2. That or go after Bobby Simmons in free agency. I know some people here will disagree with moving their hero Hinrich, but it could be for the better for the team. Gordon needs 35MPG.

·
Anti Monday Morning QB
6,181 Posts
Ja Rule said:
All this talk about Curry leaving or trading Nocioni and Davis, but what about Hinrich?

We need a big 2 guard so that teams just won't take advantage of us in that position. When it comes to the playoffs, our players will be tired out and its a weakness that will be exploited dearly.

Take Hirich with Davis, who's contract expires which will be tempting to many teams and go get a 2. That or go after Bobby Simmons in free agency. I know some people here will disagree with moving their hero Hinrich, but it could be for the better for the team. Gordon needs 35MPG.
Gordon needs development time before Hinrich becomes expendable. Duhon is the only other player on this team that can run the offense, as proven by the win in Toronto.

Gordon excels at shooting, and getting his shot off. His passing efficiency has been awful this season, has been foul prone (otherwise his mpg would be much higher than it currently is), and has been turnover prone. This is not the someone you want running the team in the near-term.

Currently, I would only trade Hinrich for someone in the Richard Hamilton mold; a playmaker, excellent mid range shooter (to come off the Curls we like to run), and can play some defense.

·
Administrator 12/02--7/07
36,839 Posts
We win one road game without the dude, and all of the sudden he is expendable?

I agree that nobody is untouchable, but come on, lets not get ahead of ourselves.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
I'm open to listening to trade ideas for anyone as long as there are worthy players coming back. I'm not convinced that Curry/Chandler/Noc/Deng/Hinrich/Gordon/Duhon have a championship caliber five man starting squad in them...

Of course I love the depth and youth we have...but there isn't a big guard among them to even throw in for variety and there isn't a really complete big man. Since complete big men are hard to find, we'd at least need one more skilled big to bolster our frankenstein front line.

I'm not eager to make a trade involving any of our core nor am I eager to let anyone (Duhon) go for nothing. If Kirk could pull back a Rip type player (Joe Johnson...! And JJ can sorta run a team...) or if Ben could pull back a guy like JJ or Maggette, I'd think about it. I'm not going to spend too much time thinking about it on my own, though, because I'd really prefer to see everyone mature and gel. Come what may.

·
Old-Timer
2,619 Posts
Ja Rule said:

miz is soooo not going to talk to you now.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Seriously, I need a rundown here...I'm not good at spotting people under new names. I have a feeling I know who Ja Rule is (;)) but what...NENV=MrT? QWERTY=~~~? BBS=Sloth? What other big developments am I in the dark on?

Bullsville=K4E? GB=TB1? BealeFarange=RunToFreeForFly?

Is there a directory here? Help a brutha out! ;)

·
Premium Member
8,415 Posts
Ja don't rule.

J/K. I agree that the big 2 guard is on the wish list. I don't know that that makes Hinrich "expendable," but just like anyone else on the team, if it makes the team better, you move him.

·
Old-Timer
2,619 Posts
BealeFarange said:
Seriously, I need a rundown here...I'm not good at spotting people under new names. I have a feeling I know who Ja Rule is (;)) but what...NENV=MrT? QWERTY=~~~? BBS=Sloth? What other big developments am I in the dark on?

Bullsville=K4E? GB=TB1? BealeFarange=RunToFreeForFly?

Is there a directory here? Help a brutha out! ;)
superdave=ace20004u

Either that or they just decided to wear matching avatars. How cute!

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
PC Load Letter said:
superdave=ace20004u

Either that or they just decided to wear matching avatars. How cute!
Don't forget BenDengGo. We're just waiting for you to join our little treehouse club PCLoad. It even has your favorite player in the avatar (the guy standing next to Tyson howling like a wolf)

·
Premium Member
8,802 Posts
superdave said:
Don't forget BenDengGo. We're just waiting for you to join our little treehouse club PCLoad. It even has your favorite player in the avatar (the guy standing next to Tyson howling like a wolf)
Soon our evil plan to take over the bbb.net will come to fruition! (rubs hands together evily and stares maniacly)

:banana:

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Ja Rule said:

Gipper sighting?

·
Old-Timer
2,619 Posts
superdave said:
I feel so...dirty.

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
ace20004u said:
Soon our evil plan to take over the bbb.net will come to fruition! (rubs hands together evily and stares maniacly)

:banana:
Sure you don't mean "come to fruit"?! Ben Gordon - :laugh:

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
PC Load Letter said:
I feel so...dirty.
:gbanana: :banana: :bbanana: :rbanana:

:buddies: :cheers:

Love the avatar PCLoad. Fits like a glove

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
sp00k said:
I'm thinking negative. Read his other posts. Doesn't sound Gipperesque. But intriguing nonetheless...
I figured a guy with only six posts and already ripping on Hinrich and hero worship must mean "Gip is in the thread".

It only seems to lack his rapid fire posting style, although that may be attributed to Gips need to standby temporarily while he berates the janitor or pays homage to some deserving soul who has "reciprocated" respect back to the Gip.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts