Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Heat fan since 2001
7,145 Posts
wasnt he like the next Stockon according to Bulls fan.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Playing tuff defense does that for ya. His shoot is VERY flat, which is a sign that he doesn't have neither stamina nor legs.

·
Feel the Rush!
4,292 Posts
BigMac said:
playing tought D doesn't hurt Artest or AK47.

Well Artest and AK47 are also in great physical shape. Not to say that Hinrich isn't in shape, he just doesn't have that physical build when compared to the two. Give Hinrich another two years, he's a good player, and he'll do fine.

·
Registered
30,287 Posts
Hinrich just isn't a very good play period. He passes and dribbles good, and plays okay defense with hustle. His shooting have taken the Bulls out of many games. The Bulls are realistically Hinrich starting to shoot good away from a championship. He is the one guy that needs to step it up, bring up his percentage to 46-50 percent, that is the difference between the team now and a elite one.

·
kiss my grits
18,629 Posts
BabyBlueSlugga7 said:
The Bulls are realistically Hinrich starting to shoot good away from a championship.
:laugh: In what parallel universe?

·
Banned
7,135 Posts
He's still good. He's one of those guys who's either really good or really average, and he's really average right now. Back when he was playing really good in the middle of the season is when people were saying that Stockton trash. Stockton shot over 50% for his career, I believe. Hinrich might not crack 40% for his career if he keeps up this pace. He'll get hot sometimes, but other times he has these 4/19 nights.

·
Registered
232 Posts
The only thing Stockton and Hinrich have in common are the fact that they play the point and are white.

To bring up a point about his poor shooting, due to the lack of size the Bulls have in their guards, Hinrich, who really should be guarding point guards, ends up D'ing up against your Kobe's and Allen's. This will definitely take a toll on your shooting legs. Now this isn't exactly an excuse for his poor shooting, but it's something to consider.

With that said, The Bulls are one 6'7 defensive-minded shooting guard away from being contenders.

·
Jib and thrust
7,501 Posts
Pan Mengtu said:
He's still good. He's one of those guys who's either really good or really average, and he's really average right now. Back when he was playing really good in the middle of the season is when people were saying that Stockton trash. Stockton shot over 50% for his career, I believe. Hinrich might not crack 40% for his career if he keeps up this pace. He'll get hot sometimes, but other times he has these 4/19 nights.

51.5%....amazing stat.

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
True. Hinrich's shot is not consistent.
False. Hinrich is not a good player.

The Bulls would not be where they are without him. He brings a defensive toughness/mentality to the court that the rest of the team falls in line with.

For all the people that overrated his shooting, more people underrated and continue to underate his athleticism. Long arms, athletic, big point guard. Who often is guarding 2 guards.

His shot will come as he gets in better shape down in his career- or the bulls find him a defensive counterpart who can give him a break.

·
Registered
8,660 Posts
I've never seen a "good" player consistently shoot as poorly as he does. And don't give me that crap about how he plays defense. TONS of players in this league play good defense, none shoot as poorly as Kirk. Just because u play good D, it doesn't excuse u from stinking on the other end(unless u're a big man who can really change the game defensively). Shooting below 40% is acceptable ONLY if u're a really great rebounder, passer, or a center who can impact the game on D like guards CANNOT. Hinrich's none of those things. Thus, above average is what I would call him. He's still way too inconsistent on one side of the court to be called "good". I highly doubt if he has had two straight games this season where he has shot up 50%.

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
SPMJ said:
I've never seen a "good" player consistently shoot as poorly as he does. To me, that says he's not a "good" player. Above average is what I would call him. He's still way too inconsistent on one side of the court to be called "good".
Gary Payton. Especially relative to the shooting of the era. I consider Hinrich to be very similiar to Payton, though he's also clearly been given Mark Price/Steve Nash tapes to watch since coming into the league. But I think Gary Payton is a good comparison for what Kirk brings to the table.

·
Registered
232 Posts
SPMJ said:
I've never seen a "good" player consistently shoot as poorly as he does. And don't give me that crap about how he plays defense. TONS of players in this league play good defense, none shoot as poorly as Kirk. Just because u play good D, it doesn't excuse u from stinking on the other end(unless u're a big man who can really change the game defensively). Shooting below 40% is acceptable ONLY if u're a really great rebounder, passer, or a center who can impact the game on D like guards CANNOT. Hinrich's none of those things. Thus, above average is what I would call him. He's still way too inconsistent on one side of the court to be called "good". I highly doubt if he has had two straight games this season where he has shot up 50%.
When you play defense out of your position, then it matters.

At the same time, he shouldn't be shooting this poorly, considering the hype he recieved from his Kansas days.

·
Registered
30,287 Posts
I think the main problem is that Kirk Hinrich is one of the guys that takes the most field goals on our team per a minute. Ben Gordon adn Eddy Curry are the two that are higher. No complaints there. But Kirk is right there up with Eddy almost, and Ben is in a class of his own when it comes to field goal attempts per a minute. Its way more then anyone else on the team. Bottomline is Kirk needs to shoot better. The really bad thing is that Kirk misses a lot of wide open shots. If he can convert like 3 of those shots, those 6 extra point can make a huge difference in the outcome of the game.

·
Skokie, IL 60076
17,170 Posts
Pan Mengtu said:
.... Gary Payton is a career 46% shooter with several seasons about 50%. He wasn't a bad shooter by any means. And he had the killer post game that Hinrich doesn't have (not that I've seen, at least).
Hinrich has no postgame and can't guard guys well that post up on him. However it's not his fault he oscillates between positions (PG and SG) every posession.

He does play good defense so how is that not a good point that Kirk is a good player. Trenton Hassell plays good D and that's all he gets praised for. Kirk brings a little more than. I will contend next year he will step up and shoot better as roles are more defined (hopefully) next year.

·
Curse of the Sonics
20,794 Posts
Hinrich is playing out of position, because nobody on the Bulls can match up with the shooting guard, and Hinrich does it better than most players in the league. If the Bulls actually had a real shooting guard, Hinrich would flourish. Hinrich allows Gordon to be such an efficient and deadly scorer without being exposed for his lack of point guard skills and inability to match up with the shooting guard position. Unfortunetly, Bulls may be forced to stay like this for awhile, unless they trade Gordon, because if they switch Hinrich back to the point guard (where he should be full-time), then Gordon gets exposed.

·
Registered
420 Posts
hes the starting pg for the youngest team in the league thast gonna make the playoffs after startign 0-10..

i guess hes holding the bulls back.. its a dsisgrace the teasm not title contenders by now..

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
do some of you even watch Bulls game? he not the starting PG, Duhon is and he can play D also. Kirk is a good player but some of you guy rate him way to high. If somehow the Bulls can keep the team they have now, kirk should be the 4th option on offence. First is Curry, then Gordon, then Deng. I think in the future the Bulls will have to decide to either keep Gordon or Kirk.

1 - 20 of 93 Posts