Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
He was getting some nice praise from Baron and the URI fans during preseason and throughout their two exhibition games.

No one was happy with their effort against Sacred Heart - fans, coaches etc. Someone posted on Projo.com that Harris is in Baron's doghouse - said fan also stated he didn't think Harris hustled all that much; which is the opposite of what was said during the preseason. Apparently he took an ill-advised 3 late in the first half - he does have that range for a 6'11 guy - as he hit about 20 last year at a close to 40% clip.

It'll be interesting to see where he is in 6 or 7 games, as URI isn't deep in the post - so you'd think this kid would be busting it for all the playing time he could handle. I think they play Utah tonight out west.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
soup, and any Siena fans I just want to be clear that I am not trying to cause trouble by posting this, I am only following it because of all of the posts this summer about if he would be a impact player or not. I am really on the fence about D2 juco's and their impact on D1 BB

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
No trouble - I'm certainly following him.

I think their game against SHU was a stinker - they also had one of their better players quit in the lockerroom 10 minutes before the tip because he wasn't starting. I see that Baron noted today he thinks that had an effect on everyone. URI thinks they are really improved this year.

I'd be willing to bet that Harris is a 10 and 6 guy, at least, before the season is done - and he would have been a 12 and 8 guy in the MAAC this year. I've never seen him play - but the URI posters, during the exhibitions, were all saying he's the most athletic 6'11 guy they've seen, albeit slim, and that he'd be an impact player this year.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts