Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
X-Mas Taker
8,947 Posts
I am going to defend Fred for now. He does not have the players that will buy into his style. Not yet anyway.
then maybe the front office should have drafted , traded and signed such players over the past year....but because they were trying to prove a point about thibs(which actually proved the exact opposite )

they threw away a year.

·
Registered
9,297 Posts
And now they're talking about potentially trading Butler. I have never seen any team double down on a first year coach like this. The incompetence of this front office is laughable, and here they are still trying to sell the fanbase that Hoiberg is the next Steve Kerr lol.

To be fair, I said several months ago that this offense will never work with Butler on this team and frankly I think Hoiberg can't even coach in this league. So now we are looking at a situation where the front office is willing to shape this team in a particular fashion, with 0 evidence that it's even the right direction to go in.

Cutting your losses with Hoiberg is ten times smarter than trading away a legit NBA talent (even though he's incredibly overrated). I'm all for trading Butler for a guy like cousins, but he's not even the type of player that Hoiberg needs.

At this point, the Bulls would be much better off cleaning house at the front office level, trading away assets for younger players and ending the Hoiberg experiment.

·
Premium Member
8,415 Posts
And now they're talking about potentially trading Butler. I have never seen any team double down on a first year coach like this. The incompetence of this front office is laughable, and here they are still trying to sell the fanbase that Hoiberg is the next Steve Kerr lol.

To be fair, I said several months ago that this offense will never work with Butler on this team and frankly I think Hoiberg can't even coach in this league. So now we are looking at a situation where the front office is willing to shape this team in a particular fashion, with 0 evidence that it's even the right direction to go in.

Cutting your losses with Hoiberg is ten times smarter than trading away a legit NBA talent (even though he's incredibly overrated). I'm all for trading Butler for a guy like cousins, but he's not even the type of player that Hoiberg needs.

At this point, the Bulls would be much better off cleaning house at the front office level, trading away assets for younger players and ending the Hoiberg experiment.
I have seen reports that other teams are trying to get Butler, but not that the Bulls are trying to move him, due to Fred's system or anything else. Have you seen anything to the contrary?

·
Restore the Roar
7,387 Posts
The Bulls' playoff chances just took a major nosedive in one huge possession. They slow down Jackson, get the Pistons into the half court - they probably get the stop. Detroit hadn't had ONE good shot in about four minutes in the half court. But they got lazy and.... better start winning and not stop.

GG Hoiball.

·
Restore the Roar
7,387 Posts
Honest assessment - tonight's game was fitting for a pair of teams hovering around the 8 seed in the East. The Pistons won because they made a few less mistakes. Might be the difference in the whole season - a couple of mistakes.

·
Restore the Roar
7,387 Posts
If I just spoke too soon I'm gonna be kicking myself... not the place for a game thread, but eff it I'm bored. Geez... Butler about to hit some free throws.

·
Restore the Roar
7,387 Posts
Either refs gave Detroit the playoffs - or they determined that although Butler's foot was off the half-circle, it was above it? His heel was clearly not touching the line.

·
Registered
9,297 Posts
I have seen reports that other teams are trying to get Butler, but not that the Bulls are trying to move him, due to Fred's system or anything else. Have you seen anything to the contrary?
Depends on who you hear it from. KC Johnson will say the Bulls have no interest in trading Butler and are merely listening to offers, while a guy like Joe Cowley will say that the Bulls are more inclined to trade him in the offseason. The truth probably lies in the middle, Bulls are probably listening to offers and are probably willing to make some in the off-season as well.

·
X-Mas Taker
8,947 Posts
Depends on who you hear it from. KC Johnson will say the Bulls have no interest in trading Butler and are merely listening to offers, while a guy like Joe Cowley will say that the Bulls are more inclined to trade him in the offseason. The truth probably lies in the middle, Bulls are probably listening to offers and are probably willing to make some in the off-season as well.
gauging trade value is a part of the job.

a decent front office should know their players worth around the league.

·
Restore the Roar
7,387 Posts
gauging trade value is a part of the job.

a decent front office should know their players worth around the league.
You should hear the people in the comments on PistonPowered - its hilarious. They think the Bulls would trade away Butler for Reggie Jackson. Not even kidding. If Stan Van Gundy even proposed that to Chicago it'd be as an April Fools gag.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Bulls are the 5th worst offense in the NBA. Hoiball.

The defense has taken a real turn for the worse as well, as the Thibs slowly leaked out of the team over the course of the year. 15th now and worse than that over the 2nd half of the season.

Awful job by GarPax and Hoiberg taking the #3 seed in the East last year and turning that same talent for the most part into a non-playoff team.

GarPax without Thibs? So far, pretty crappy.

41 - 54 of 54 Posts