Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has everyone seen the list of FAs and RFAs next offseason? Think of the contracts guys like Foyle, Miles, Dampier, Nash, Jefferson, etc.. signed and then look at this list (note alot of these guys will get extensions, but that's besides the point):

Free:
Ray Allen
Michael Redd
Shareef Abdur-Rahim
Zydrunas Ilgauskas
Theo Ratliff
Stromile Swift (if he signs the tender)
Antoine Walker
Donyell Marshall
Latrell Spreewell
Jeff McGinnis
Kerry Kittles
Larry Hughes
Glenn Robinson
Nick Van Exel
Damon Stoudamire

Restricted:
AK47
Pau Gasol
Zach Randolph
Tony Parker
Samuel Dalembert
Kwame Brown
Tyson Chandler
Eddy Curry
Joe Johnson
Jason Richardson
Troy Murphy
Jamaal Tinsley
Vladimir Radmanovic
Brendan Haywood
Gerald Wallace
Jason Collins

The unrestricted FA list isn't too wild, but the RFA list is crazy. Alot of those guys are lynch-pins of their teams, so I imagine the league-wide payroll is going to skyrocket next season, unless the amount of buyers versus sellers works towards the owners' advantage.
 

·
kiss my grits
Joined
·
18,629 Posts
Thats probably not considering some guys who have opt outs in their contracts too, which I know Tmac does, although he will probably sign and extension like most of those guys.
 

·
Tru Warier
Joined
·
13,699 Posts
Originally posted by <b>SacKings384</b>!
I expect very few of the big names to move...
maybe 'cept the guys that are getting out of their rookie contracts, like Curry, Chandler, and Brown... if another team decides to take a chance and offer them big money, they might just go

I can see some sign-and-trades happening
 

·
Incognasho
Joined
·
4,061 Posts
The only restricted guys I see possibly moving are Joe Johnson, Jason Richardson, Troy Murphy and Radmanovic depending on what kinds of offers they get. I would expect Charlotte to make a big push for at least one of those guys and get them.

If neither Kwame, Chandler, or Curry break out, by now I doubt any team will offer them more than what their own teams will probably be willing to play. If they do break out, then there's no way the team lets them go, so I don't see any of those guys changing teams. Maybe if someone offered Curry the max and he had another really disappointing year and the Bulls got fed up with him.
 

·
That'll do Pigley...
Joined
·
51,262 Posts
Originally posted by <b>MongolianDeathCloud</b>!


Restricted:
AK47
Pau Gasol
Zach Randolph
Tony Parker
Samuel Dalembert
Kwame Brown
Tyson Chandler
Eddy Curry
Joe Johnson
Jason Richardson
Troy Murphy
Jamaal Tinsley
Vladimir Radmanovic
Brendan Haywood
Gerald Wallace
Jason Collins

The unrestricted FA list isn't too wild, but the RFA list is crazy. Alot of those guys are lynch-pins of their teams, so I imagine the league-wide payroll is going to skyrocket next season, unless the amount of buyers versus sellers works towards the owners' advantage.
Most of these guys are going nowhere.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by <b>JNice</b>!
Thats probably not considering some guys who have opt outs in their contracts too, which I know Tmac does, although he will probably sign and extension like most of those guys.
Yeah, I left out all the player option guys because they would be insane to exercise their option -- I don't think it's going to be a very contract friendly market, especially since alot of the teams with some cap have agents to re-sign.

But, you never know..
 

·
Let's Go Streaking!
Joined
·
6,994 Posts
Free:-----------------------My Prediction:
Ray Allen------------------Sonics (For a crazy contract)
Michael Redd-------------LA Clippers
Shareef Abdur-Rahim---Cavs.
Zydrunas Ilgauskas-----Cavs.
Theo Ratliff----------------Blazers
Stromile Swift (if he signs the tender)---Memphis
Antoine Walker-----------All depends in how he play this season
Donyell Marshall----------I have no idea
Latrell Spreewell---------T-Wolves
Jeff McGinnis--------------Who Cares ?
Kerry Kittles---------------Clippers Small contract.
Larry Hughes-------------Wizards
Glenn Robinson-----------Who Knows?
Nick Van Exel--------------GSW

Restricted:
AK47 ------------------------Utah
Pau Gasol ------------------Memphis
Zach Randolph ------------Blazers
Tony Parker-----------------Spurs
Samuel Dalembert --------76ers
Kwame Brown -------------Wizards
Tyson Chandler ------------Bulls
Eddy Curry ------------------Bulls
Joe Johnson ----------------Suns
Jason Richardson ----------GSW
Troy Murphy -----------------GSW
Jamaal Tinsley ---------------probably Indiana
Vladimir Radmanovic --------Sonics
Brendan Haywood ----------No idea
Gerald Wallace ---------------BobCats
Jason Collins ------------------who cares ?

No much changes in the restricted players.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I agree, I don't think there is going to be alot of movement. That's not really what I find interesting about this list.

What I predict is that there will be a few spoiler teams like Charlotte (think Miami last offseason or Utah) who will give big offersheets to alot of the really hot RFAs. The teams who own them will have to dole out alot of money to keep them. I expect to see more front-loaded contracts which have become popular of late.

So while I don't think there will be a ton of movement, I think alot of team's payrolls are going to jump significantly. This possibility is kind of being overlooked right now, but it could have a big effect on the league roster activity -- basically alot of teams are going to be forced to hunker down with what they've got because re-signing their agents is going to kill their cap future.

Of course, we'll have a new CBA after next offseason so it gets even weirder (although the next CBA is believed to be more owner-friendly).
 

·
That'll do Pigley...
Joined
·
51,262 Posts
Why would Michael Redd go to the Clippers? Milwaukee can pay him way more than the Clippers.
 

·
Let's Go Streaking!
Joined
·
6,994 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Hong Kong Fooey</b>!
Why would Michael Redd go to the Clippers? Milwaukee can pay him way more than the Clippers.
The Clipps can offer the Max contract to Redd can the Bucks do that ?
 

·
That'll do Pigley...
Joined
·
51,262 Posts
Originally posted by <b>SpeakerBoxxx</b>!


The Clipps can offer the Max contract to Redd can the Bucks do that ?
Of course they can, they have his Bird rights. They can offer him an extra year as well.

Also, why would you offer Michael Redd the max? :confused:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The Bucks have been sort of fiscally conservative in their recent history, although they did offer Etan Thomas a large sum of money so maybe they've changed.
 

·
Let's Go Streaking!
Joined
·
6,994 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Hong Kong Fooey</b>!


Of course they can, they have his Bird rights. They can offer him an extra year as well.

Also, why would you offer Michael Redd the max? :confused:
Young good scorer they just lose Q. and Kittles will be a FA they need a SG. maybe no the MAX but they can offer great money
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,950 Posts
Originally posted by <b>SpeakerBoxxx</b>!
Jeff Mcinnis--------------Who Cares ?
12 points and 7.5 assists while he was with the cavs. i think people should definately care where he goes especially if he can repeat the season again(he will play even though they have snow. i think mcinnis should still start and him and snow can play together in the backcourt with lebron at sf).
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,371 Posts
I know for one I was JACKED thinking about KG and KB both being free agents in the summer of '04 when I thought about it back before KG signed his extension. Me and my friend wanted them to T-Mac and Grant Hill it up with the same team but as you can see our plans got their asses kicked.
 

·
Steal of the Draft
Joined
·
8,043 Posts
Originally posted by <b>rocketeer</b>!


12 points and 7.5 assists while he was with the cavs. i think people should definately care where he goes especially if he can repeat the season again(he will play even though they have snow. i think mcinnis should still start and him and snow can play together in the backcourt with lebron at sf).
He's also a locker room *****.

BFreak.

Also, Nick Van Exel has a Team Option for next year, and I believe the Blazers will pick it up. Also, Damon Stoudamire is a UFA, I dont believe he was on the list.

BFreak.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
You really think they'll exercise the TO on Nick? He makes alot of loot. The FA PG market is pretty dry though so perhaps they need him.

You're right about Damon, I'll add him.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,319 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Blazer Freak</b>!
He's also a locker room *****.

BFreak.

Also, Nick Van Exel has a Team Option for next year, and I believe the Blazers will pick it up. Also, Damon Stoudamire is a UFA, I dont believe he was on the list.

BFreak.
McInnis was a great locker room guy last year with the Cavaliers. I'm not positive it will be the same this year, but if he continues play like last year I'm sure there will be demand.
 

·
Steal of the Draft
Joined
·
8,043 Posts
Originally posted by <b>The OUTLAW</b>!


McInnis was a great locker room guy last year with the Cavaliers. I'm not positive it will be the same this year, but if he continues play like last year I'm sure there will be demand.
No, Outlaw he is a good guy in the locker room..until he doesnt have the starting job. Unless Silas starts Snow/Jmac then Jeff will ***** and moan and ***** and moan somemore. Thats what he was doing here in Portland.

Also, DeathCloud, I do think they will pick up the option on Nick.

Since Damon's contract will expire, we don't resign him. Then we pick up the TO on NVE's contract. That enables him to become the started and Telfair to be the main backup. Now Nick will be a year older and might not even be able to play 25-30mpg, but thats fine. This way we can slowly work Telfair into the system and at the very longest, Telfair is starting by 06/07.

BFreak.
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top