Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
I"m going to talk about the postives and the negatives things about this trade for both teams. Also going to give my explainantion and my opinions who won in this trade.....Here it is

Positives:

New Jersey Nets

-Teams need a desperatly a legit center and New Jersey grab a decent center one of the best in the leagues well not better then Shaq but you get the point.

-Last year they went to the finals with Jason Kidd make a team better and now they add a decent center who still have some game left in him which now they become a top serious contendor team which will try for a run to go to the finals again this coming season especially try to match up Shaq and the Lakers.

-They add a defensive pressure in down low more. Also add more great defensive team stronger more on their depth.

-They are a serious team in the eastern coferences and make this team more for REAL.

-With adding Mutombo which a possible trying to keep Jason Kidd with the Nets when he become a free agent or possible sign a contract exstension somtime this offseason.

-Also they add more depth of getting the boards which Deke can add the rebounding as well as the defensive pressure.

Negatives:

-New Jersey Nets lost a scorer which they need another scorer a couple more scoers they only have one scorer in this team. Which probably lacking of scoring if they can't get another scorer for this team.

-I know I say Mutombo have some game left in him but the bad news is that he's getting older and showing signs of losing his just say out of tank which might be a bad thing for the Nets.

Positives:

Philidelphia 76ers

-Philidelphia 76ers add second scorer threat which they desperatly need for the last few years so pressure won't be much for Allen Iverson.

-Not only add another scorer along Van Horn add more percentages this team will be an offensive threat.

-I know Todd Mac is not like Deke but he could help a bit with this team he did a good job not great but a good job two years ago when he play for the Sixers behind Deke which he could help a bit rebounding even though again he's not Deke but could help this team in a long run.

Negatives:

-They lost one of the best center in the league.

-They lost a great defensive player down low and also lost a great rebounder to crash the boards.

-Back about defensive this team will be lacking in the defensive pressure more in down low other teams have a possible scoring left and right when they play this team down low.

My Opinions:

This could be a good trade for both teams for the team's needs but right now I have to say that the Nets won this trade which they have a one of the best legit center which add more defensive pressure to at least try to match up Shaq and be a serious top contendor more then the 76ers.

Well this is all folks

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.