Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned member
Joined
·
28,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone else remember there being 3 straight home games under the Cheeks era, that you knew the team gave it their all?

The team already has shown more in 4 games this year (1 road, 3 home) than they did in all of the last 2 years under cheeks.

Now, I know we had that decent stretch in 2003-04, but I think that was more in spite of Cheeks. This is the first time we've actually had a coach say we'll hustle, and play scrappy D..and the team actually does it.


Did anyone see that nasty juke that Telfair did in the 2nd half, where he totally faked B wallace out of his pants, and drove to the hoop? It's a shame it didn't go in, as that would've been a play of the night type material.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,397 Posts
I have been so impressed by this team this year. Regardless of what the win column says so far, they've been playing with a lot more effort and determination than they ever did last year and even beyond that.

If Zach and Darius can keep it up while letting the rest settle into their roles and solidify some consistent production, this will be a dangerous team a lot sooner than I had expected.

Great effort. Thank you, Nate. We appreciate it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,509 Posts
Hap said:
does anyone else remember there being 3 straight home games under the Cheeks era, that you knew the team gave it their all?

The team already has shown more in 4 games this year (1 road, 3 home) than they did in all of the last 2 years under cheeks.

Now, I know we had that decent stretch in 2003-04, but I think that was more in spite of Cheeks. This is the first time we've actually had a coach say we'll hustle, and play scrappy D..and the team actually does it.
When Pippen was coach, yeah...I remember many home games where we busted *** the whole time. But I guess that doesn't count, since Pippen was really calling the shots and motivating people.

Although maybe not three straight entire games.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,774 Posts
Fork said:
When Pippen was coach, yeah...I remember many home games where we busted *** the whole time. But I guess that doesn't count, since Pippen was really calling the shots and motivating people.
EXACTLY! Pip was a great coach, and I get the same vibe from Nate. I wish Pip would try his hand at coaching, maybe as an assistant here. :D
 

·
Banned member
Joined
·
28,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BlazerCaravan said:
EXACTLY! Pip was a great coach, and I get the same vibe from Nate. I wish Pip would try his hand at coaching, maybe as an assistant here. :D

Pippen has already turned to the dark side. The scottie pippen you and I knew is dead, Obi Wa...er..I mean, BC.

I was a fan of Scottie Pippen, before he turned to eeeev-ill...

crap, now I want to watch ROTS again.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,774 Posts
Hap said:
Pippen has already turned to the dark side. The scottie pippen you and I knew is dead, Obi Wa...er..I mean, BC.

I was a fan of Scottie Pippen, before he turned to eeeev-ill...
He betrayed and murdered Blazermania. :D
 

·
Excentrifugal Forz
Joined
·
6,985 Posts
Hap said:
does anyone else remember there being 3 straight home games under the Cheeks era, that you knew the team gave it their all?

The team already has shown more in 4 games this year (1 road, 3 home) than they did in all of the last 2 years under cheeks.

Now, I know we had that decent stretch in 2003-04, but I think that was more in spite of Cheeks. This is the first time we've actually had a coach say we'll hustle, and play scrappy D..and the team actually does it.


Did anyone see that nasty juke that Telfair did in the 2nd half, where he totally faked B wallace out of his pants, and drove to the hoop? It's a shame it didn't go in, as that would've been a play of the night type material.
Plus in the past when we got down we'd get lazy and start throwing up bad shots hoping to get back in the game. Nate has manage to keep the team for the most part focus on having patience and running plays. We've had some stretches where we've settled for the jump shot but no where near like we did in the past. Much more enjoyable game to watch.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,878 Posts
I was really surprised with our defense and rebounding last night.... we do that every game and still improve.. midseason may be even more fun once again
 

·
Steal of the Draft
Joined
·
8,043 Posts
Nate has had such a major effect on this franchise already, and i has only been 4 months.. Look at Seattle now. They are in ruins, they are putting out no effort, nothing. They are the team that everyone thought they would last year. A bottom feeder.
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top