Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
30,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1. They've been playing poorly as of late.
2. We match up good with them.
3. One technical, and Rasheed Wallace is out for a game.

This is a very winnable series, Skiles just needs to egg on Rasheed with slick talk, and make it into a physical, emotional game to get Rasheed out for future games.

· The Snake
6,519 Posts
Very to impossibly. The fact that they can play defense better than anybody in the league will completely dismantle our lack of a structured offense. Every single player on the Pistons is better than the Bulls at the position. It can happen in the NCAA tournament because it's only one game. Over 7? No way.

· Registered
1,080 Posts
T.Shock said:
Very to impossibly. The fact that they can play defense better than anybody in the league will completely dismantle our lack of a structured offense. Every single player on the Pistons is better than the Bulls at the position. It can happen in the NCAA tournament because it's only one game. Over 7? No way.
Prince is better than Deng at SF? I think they match up very well. They both can play in the paint or the midrange game, and they both hustle alot.

And I agree that the Pistons outmatch us any day, but I think that we are good enough, if not better, at that SF spot than Detroit.

· Registered
580 Posts
The Bulls played them well thier last meeting but still they have to find away to win.I think if the Bulls play in thier game they could compete with them.Winning,I don't know they struggled all year and 7 games against the Pistons?I hate the Pistons but I hope that if the Bulls make the playoffs they can give them a run for thier money.At least!

· Anti Monday Morning QB
6,181 Posts
In regards to the Prince vs. Deng argument, I think they are a relative push. Deng is a little better offensively and Prince is a little better defensively. I think they are around a push rebounding-wise.

Prince does have a better perimeter jumper than Deng at this stage, but Deng is a bit better at the midrange game, ball handling, and getting shots near the rim.

Prince is definately better defensively. They are about equal in the man-to-man department, although I think Prince has a bit more strength at this point. Prince is significantly better in the team defense concept and playing the passing lanes.

· Registered
1,275 Posts
Bulls Strengths:

- Smallishness
- Bench (by a huge margin)
- Our SF combo of Deng and Nocioni

Detroit Strengths:

- Frontcourt everything
- Years Together
- Numerous Years of Contending

I would say the Backcourts are competative with each other, we have Duhon as our backup and that puts us close to Pistons on that regard

I want to see Skiles Put Deng on Rasheed this time... Luol has long arms and is the only one who can feasably bother Rasheed with his length cuz Tyson needs to stay under and gather the boards to prevent Ben getting all of them

I think each game will be hard fought by the Bulls and be close, but the Pistons win in 6... but I still hope the Bulls win the series (I will never concede anything as SKiles said)

· Registered
5,808 Posts
sloth said:
1. They've been playing poorly as of late.
2. We match up good with them.
3. One technical, and Rasheed Wallace is out for a game.

This is a very winnable series, Skiles just needs to egg on Rasheed with slick talk, and make it into a physical, emotional game to get Rasheed out for future games.
<strike>could u please just STOP posting?</strike>

· Registered
30,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If we start Deng/Nocioni at the forward spots, we definitely are about equal there.

Tyson Chandler should be about as good as Ben Wallace in this series.

It'll all come down to the backcourts, who gets it done? Kirk and Ben, or Rip and Chauncey?

Pistons are going to have a tough way through the playoffs. They have to take on the pesky Bulls first, and somehow, if they make it through that, they have to take on Lebron, then the Nets or Heat who both have been better than the Pistons in the 2nd half of the season, then the Spurs, who have been on the Pistons level all year.

· Registered
9,350 Posts
Pistons bench is better than ours, especially in a playoff situation where the guys at the end of the bench often don’t play.

Ben Gordon and Tony Delk give you about the same at this point.
McDyess is better than Chandler.
I don't think we have anyone that can compare to Maurice Evans.

Other than Chandler on some nights and #3 draft pick Ben Gordon, our bench is pretty ineffective, IMO.

· The Snake
6,519 Posts
TripleDouble said:
In terms of what? Season production? No. Production over the last 5 games? No. Track record of clutchness? No. Sixth man of the year awards? No.

How exactly do Delk and Gordon give you "about the same at this point?"
He just doesn't like the Bulls that much. Cut him some slack even though I agree that Gordon is ten times better than Delk is now.

G

·
No flippin way we take out the Pistons in a series. They are too strong, especially up front, too seasoned and too deep for us to make a sustained run at them. I wish it was different, but if wishes and buts were candy and nuts, every day'd be Christmas.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.