Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 178 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spread favors Vermont -15.5. If UVM is finally able to play a full forty and not let Maine claw back early in the second half the Cats should be able to push the margin out to 30 or even 40; a blowout like that could give UVM a much-need RPI/NET/KenPom boost.

Maine's SG Sergio el Darwich has been on a tear lately, hopefully Shungu and Patella will keep him in single figures. El Darwich is not particularly crafty around the rim when penetrating but he is fast and has a quick release. Andrew Fleming on the other hand hasn't quite had the senior season many AE fans were expecting, or at least hasn't been caring the scoring load.

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
I think Maine will put up a fight at home but by the middle of the second half their starters will be totally sucking wind and UVM will pull away and make it a 70 something to 50 something game.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Hard to believe this is the last time UVM will travel to Maine to face Andrew Fleming. Maine has had a lot of international players but Fleming ranks among the top of the imports.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Fleming is from Norway...Norway, Maine. As homegrown as it gets
A red headed kid from Norway that grew up in South Paris and went to school at Oxford. I bet he's even been to Mexico and Poland. He comes from a land where people name their kids Hannibal and Yummy. An import for sure : )

·
Premium Member
33,160 Posts
If Maine keeps it within 20 have to think that will feel like progress.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Saw the line at -15.5 this morning. I would have hammered that. Meanwhile just saw on twitter that El Darwich might be done for the year with a broken finger?!? (Saw it on the mid major madness twitter feed, so take it with a grain of salt until you see it elsewhere?) Any Maine folks with news on that front?

·
Realist/A-hole
5,731 Posts
If it's true they won't have to worry about travel plans for the AE playoffs.

·
Registered
8,833 Posts
Saw the line at -15.5 this morning. I would have hammered that. Meanwhile just saw on twitter that El Darwich might be done for the year with a broken finger?!? (Saw it on the mid major madness twitter feed, so take it with a grain of salt until you see it elsewhere?) Any Maine folks with news on that front?
Vermont should win by 40 or 50.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Maine announcers confirm he broke some bones in his finger lifting weights? Tough break for the black bears and the AE as a whole.

·
Realist/A-hole
5,731 Posts
How the F does a team with this much experience not know how to attack a zone. The whole point of the zone is to bait you into chucking 3's.

·
Realist/A-hole
5,731 Posts
I wonder if they plan on getting off the bus anytime soon

1 - 20 of 178 Posts