Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

141 - 160 of 178 Posts

·
Registered
8,833 Posts
With all due respect, this is wrong. What you’re describing is incorrect. Fleming flopped multiple times and it’s why he was ultimately awarded a technical for it, after video review and discussion. In the video Lamb physically isn’t near Fleming when he dives backward.

What Fleming was doing is literally why the flopping rule exists, and he was obviously warned about it once prior to have it result in a tech.

Case closed.
Sorry but it's not "case closed" because YOU say so. Fleming "flopping" on other plays has nothing to do with this call. You seriously have a problem with others opinions.....and of course visual facts. Anyway......done with you.

·
Registered
3,597 Posts
The CIC is a pretty tough shooting background, and it showed for UVM last night. There is a lot of empty space between the baskets and anything offering depth perception. Maine could double/triple Lamb all night in the post and not get burned by outside shots. Gotta think UVM hits a few of those in Burlington.

Maine plays hard, and the defense is light years ahead of where it was under Walsh (hey look, I complimented Barron). I'm pleased they should make the conference tournament this year, and have the ability to give a higher seed a bit of a fit. They haven't yet won on the road (CCSU's D-3 team aside), but they can give you a headache.

Without El Darwich, it could be tough to score (there's your no brainer of the day). And I still have a LOT of concerns about what this team looks like next year without El Darwich or Fleming. But today, the on court product looks much better than it has in a long time.

·
Premium Member
33,160 Posts
Sorry but it's not "case closed" because YOU say so. Fleming "flopping" on other plays has nothing to do with this call. You seriously have a problem with others opinions.....and of course visual facts. Anyway......done with you.
You honestly are trying to tell me that the video shows Fleming “tripping” over Lamb’s foot. How does someone trip over someone else’s foot without making physical contact?
The CIC is a pretty tough shooting background, and it showed for UVM last night. There is a lot of empty space between the baskets and anything offering depth perception. Maine could double/triple Lamb all night in the post and not get burned by outside shots. Gotta think UVM hits a few of those in Burlington.
Eh, maybe? Think we can lay some bricks in most locations.

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Everyone that predicted at 20 point or more win for UVM in this game should take a self-imposed, one week ban. You need the time out to reflect on your prognostication skills and the wisdom of making such prognostications.

Thanks.

·
Registered
671 Posts

Well deserved reprimand on Barron. He sounded like a Vermont fan on this board during his halftime interview.

·
Registered
181 Posts

Well deserved reprimand on Barron. He sounded like a Vermont fan on this board during his halftime interview.
Is the only consequence that he was publicly “reprimanded”?

His punishment should be to have those 3 officials do all remaining Maine games!

·
Registered
14,156 Posts
I'm with prof.. man I just don't see it. Sorry... Not seeing the fouls to fall like he got shot with a shotgun.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

·
6,033 Posts
Nope, to me, it looks like he was trying to box out Lamb for position, and at that instance he found out the hard way that Lamb repositioned.

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
If I was the ref I would have seen that as a Fleming flop because his direction of movement was so different from Lamb's.

·
Registered
5,237 Posts
It's funny...everyone complains about officials. Yet, here we are today with several people watching the same exact clip and having different opinions on what happened (flop, tripped over a foot, fell due to someone moving, etc). Officials have to make calls quickly and are only able to use video replay for certain things.

With the pace and physical nature of play, it is actually quite amazing at how good most of the officials really are despite the fact that every fan base will think about half of the calls are terrible.

·
Premium Member
33,160 Posts
Get him Amy!!!!!! Just need ball of rubber to reprimand MaineJeff and reality will be aligned with online reality

Reactions: Old_Cat_Fan

·
Premium Member
33,160 Posts
Lost in the eyesore of a game, I do want to say kudos to Ryan Davis for being one of the few Catamounts that came to play and was locked in; took advantage of the opportunities the defense was giving him as they focused on Lamb. One of the best games I’ve seen him exhibit aggressiveness and finishing around the hoop. Keep it up! A consistent scoring threat Davis would greatly impact the make-up of our offense.

·
Registered
8,833 Posts
And I would really like to give kudos to Maine's 3 freshman guards Stumer, Okoh & Wright-McLeish for clamping down on Vermont's guards and also doing a bit of scoring themselves to keep Maine in the game. Also, you had to be impressed with So. Solomon Iluyomade for his defensive work inside and going 4-4 from the line when the game was very much in doubt. Making it more impressive...he was wearing a leg brace which really limited his mobility.

141 - 160 of 178 Posts