Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

41 - 60 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
I was just busting you 84,but its obvious the reason.. the almighty fucking dollar!! Disney doesn't give a fuck because they have shareholders and profits to worry about. Opinions notwithstanding, the precedent has been set, and the government - as much as I hate to say this - should shut them all down.

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
It's on the local politicians. Santa Clara didn't wait on anyone else, they said no big crowds. The governor of Ohio strongly advocated no fans and was prepping to mandate it (he did after the NCAA announced no fans).

The Governor and Mayor need to call some people and get Disney to shut it down, and if they don't do it willingly, ban large gatherings.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Someone on ESPN was like "I hope they take the opportunity to play the Final Four at a place the KC's Municipal Auditorium (which had hosted the most NCAA games in history until UD Arena passed it), or the Palestra.
How about UD Arena. Its got more NCAA tournament history than both of those joints combined. Bridesmaid prize I know but we are all on in complete agony here in Dayton.

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
At this point, I doubt the NCAA is going to piecemeal an NCAA Tournament together and try and get through 6 rounds with no fans. It really depends on CBS, though. But yeah, it would be cool to give UD Arena a Final Four. I'd say Palestra would be great since UD Arena gets NCAA games every year and the Palestra is too old/small.

Ultimately, if they play a FInal Four, I think it's going to be in a venue in the middle of the remaining teams. You can't have a Final Four at UD Arena if Dayton is in it.... not because of some kind of unfair advantage, but because thousands of sick UD fans would be pounding on the doors trying to get into the building like a damned zombie movie.

·
Registered
25 Posts
as someone who works in an industry quite used to viral concerns/challenges, I'm not surprised man, but damn am I disappointed.

dayton ya'll coulda won the whole enchilada.

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
MEAC still playing! Last conference left! WBB in action right now, two MBB games scheduled for tonight. Too bad it's on FloSports

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Not so, Bill. I have "joined the fight". Congratulations to your putative co-national champions, the Dayton Flyers. They currently are flying home and will cut down the nets in the Arena at a private ceremony this evening.

GO FAYERS!!

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Wow. I am genuinely sorry, Flyer fans. A season like that, yet you don’t even get to hang an NCAA banner?
There aren't rules on that. You can hang any damned banner you want. If Chicago State hung a National Championship banner every year, no one can do anything about it but point and laugh.

Dayton should claim a National Championship. They are tied with two teams in the nation for Fewest Losses: Dayton, Gonzaga, and San Diego State.
  • Dayton's two losses came in overtime, only team unbeaten in regulation.
  • RPI leader among the three teams
  • SOS leader among the three teams
  • Best average NET win ranking among the three teams
  • Best average NET loss ranking among the three teams
Hang the damned banner, UD. And make the damned Title Belt!

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
I was just busting you 84,but its obvious the reason.. the almighty fucking dollar!! Disney doesn't give a fuck because they have shareholders and profits to worry about. Opinions notwithstanding, the precedent has been set, and the government - as much as I hate to say this - should shut them all down.
Disney closing down as of Sunday. My source is my sister who has season passes. Will try to get a link to the story.

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
Disney closing down as of Sunday. My source is my sister who has season passes. Will try to get a link to the story.

Disneyland in CA closed today right? I was figuring DW in FL would follow. Universal would have to follow suit. Orlando will be a ghost town.

Today was unprecedented and kind of concerning in the long run. I wonder in the future what will qualify as a crisis. What's the fallout once we're back to normalcy? Odd times.

41 - 60 of 65 Posts