Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
maybe it will make him become dtermined to dominate this league....all he has to do is play better defense and he will be with the duncans and garnetts...maybe lose some weight to!

i think this will make Zach play out of his mind to show up stern and his puppets like espn!

·
Registered
5,637 Posts
If someone can't motivate himself to play hard unless he gets snubbed for the All-Star team, that just proves he didn't deserve to be selected in the first place, because that would mean he hasn't been playing with any heart during the first half of the season.

I'm curious, why do you think Zach Randolph has not shown heart so far this year. Everything I've seen and heard of the guy says that he is already playing with 100 percent intensity and has a great work ethic, so I don't expect him to pick up his game even more. He isn't as talented a player as the guys who made the All-Star team ahead of him, but he's still a very good player.

·
Registered
6,866 Posts
To say there are areas of Zach's game that could use some work isn't the same as saying he hasn't been giving 100% so far. I think he has. He can score on almost anyone, from almost anywhere, and can rebound with the best, which appears to be where he's been putting most of his 100%.

But clearly he needs to shift some of his 100% to other areas (defense, position, passing, ball-handling). I think that is what the original poster in this thread was trying to say.

PBF

·
Registered
8,046 Posts
Mixum--why are you taking this personally? Every year deserving players are left off the All-Star team. So this year it happened to Zach Randolph. Big deal. Carmelo Anthony and LeBron James were also left off. Next year some more deserving players will be left off. It's not a conspiracy by the fans or coaches to keep Portland players out of the All-Star Game, you know. Only homers go on and on, whining about how their team or their favorite player got "snubbed."

·
Registered
9,192 Posts
Originally posted by <b>BlayZa</b>!
wasnt it mixum that started about 5 threads saying how over-rated zach was and that he was nowhere near as good as we thought?
I don't know. I stopped really looking at mixum's threads quite a while ago.

...and I'm aware of the irony of making this post in a mixum thread, so yeah.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Defense is has 3 components: hops,size & length; attitude; smarts. Zach will never have the first, but he can easily attain the second two components.

While I've been hard on his defense, he can be an average defender if he applies himself. And that, along with his very nice offensive game could make him into a true all-star. Actually, I think he will end up a good enough defender. I only hope it's next year.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.