Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.nba.com/hornets/news/davis_040903.html

That either stops this possibility dead in its tracks or Shinn is trying to keep himself from looking bad in case they do wind up trading him. He can always say, "we had no choice, Baron was adamant about being traded."

Still, I'd push for it if I'm the Lakers but I really don't think we have much of a shot. This isn't like the Nets situation with Kidd where they're trying to unload everyone. We'd probably need to trade Lamar and that's not something I'd be willing to do. Shinn isn't going to let Mitch give him the "no vaseline treatment" that Mitch got from Danny Ainge.

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
I dont think he'll be traded before the season starts, but I think he'll be packaged in some big blockbuster deal before the trade deadline. If its with the Lakers, who knows.:confused: :sleep:

·
Banned
7,135 Posts
I don't see why you couldn't get him. His trade value isn't that high, with the injuried and general bad play the last couple of years. You'd have to give up Butler, though. I have no idea what his contract is like (probably pretty high), but I think it'd have to be Butler and a guard.

·
BBB.net Archivist
26,901 Posts
If Baron has been playing badly these past couple of years I'm hoping Atkins plays badly next year as well. Not to mention he also has played 82 games 3 out of his 4 years. Kobe in comparison only has 3 injury free years in 8 years, and one of those was in a shortened season.

I would give up Butler for him in a second.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts