Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Terrible performance. Over 20 turnovers. Outplayed, out toughed and out coached. We made every losing play possible. I am now reaching the conclusion that we may simply stink. Looks like we are moving toward last place. Nothing positive about this game.

· Registered
1,621 Posts
It looks like everyone is trying and by all accounts everyone associated with the team are good people, and I like to support good people. But they aren't getting it done. I'll pass on watching games and just check the box scores until things get better...if things get better.

· Registered
88 Posts
Yeah, kinda inexplicable that they seem to be regressing, especially Walter Whyte. I thought that they'll only go as far as Whyte will take them and it seems to be true, only that Whyte's been unable to carry them. I'm wondering if there's an injury of some kind? Harper's offense has always been either hot or cold from 3. EBW's been inconsistent but had some good games. Tynen's been mostly solid. I guess Zink hasn't been the inside presence we thought he was. Seems like they haven't been able to put everyone's best together in one game for a while.

I guess one good thing is that the bench is getting more play. Tate, CJ, Brewster, Chimizie are getting valuable playing time. Hopefully they can turn it around the second half of conference play but time is running out.

· Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, kinda inexplicable that they seem to be regressing, especially Walter Whyte. I thought that they'll only go as far as Whyte will take them and it seems to be true, only that Whyte's been unable to carry them. I'm wondering if there's an injury of some kind? Harper's offense has always been either hot or cold from 3. EBW's been inconsistent but had some good games. Tynen's been mostly solid. I guess Zink hasn't been the inside presence we thought he was. Seems like they haven't been able to put everyone's best together in one game for a while.

I guess one good thing is that the bench is getting more play. Tate, CJ, Brewster, Chimizie are getting valuable playing time. Hopefully they can turn it around the second half of conference play but time is running out.
Tate may be the best pure scorer on the team. He gets to the rim very quickly, can finish and can hit the three. We need more minutes from him.

· Registered
3,642 Posts
I was at the game, and it was depressing. They dug their usual first half hole, but never went on an extended run to at least climb back into the game as has been the pattern. The guys seemed fired up at the outset of the game but looked demoralized on the trudge out of the arena.

Time is running out on the season and yes we might stink. It's shocking considering the talent and experience on the team. Whyte has not been able to shoulder the load without Suk and Javante to help him lead. The post position has been a complete disappointment - the most effective one might be Landrum even while making freshman mistakes. Morales and CJ have taken steps backward as juniors when we needed one of them to take a leap. Brewster has shown some flashes and played good defense, but he has limitations. EBW and Harper have been hot and cold. Turnovers have killed us on many nights, and porous defense on others. At least we're hitting free throws...?

I feel for the guys as they continue to play hard and I know they care so much and they are all good dudes. I'll continue to watch and root for them.

· Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was at the game, and it was depressing. They dug their usual first half hole, but never went on an extended run to at least climb back into the game as has been the pattern. The guys seemed fired up at the outset of the game but looked demoralized on the trudge out of the arena.

Time is running out on the season and yes we might stink. It's shocking considering the talent and experience on the team. Whyte has not been able to shoulder the load without Suk and Javante to help him lead. The post position has been a complete disappointment - the most effective one might be Landrum even while making freshman mistakes. Morales and CJ have taken steps backward as juniors when we needed one of them to take a leap. Brewster has shown some flashes and played good defense, but he has limitations. EBW and Harper have been hot and cold. Turnovers have killed us on many nights, and porous defense on others. At least we're hitting free throws...?

I feel for the guys as they continue to play hard and I know they care so much and they are all good dudes. I'll continue to watch and root for them.
I too will continue to watch every game and hope for a win, It has been very discouraging this year. Last time I checked we were last in the conference in both assists and three point shooting. Couple that with the inability of our big guys to score inside and you get a bad offensive team. I believe we have too many role players and no true go to guy who can make big plays when needed.

· Premium Member
31 Posts
Well, heading out there for the next 2 games. Hopefully we bring some good luck. Just really hard to watch. It seems that when on offense, we are the easiest team to defend and when on defense, teams score on us at will. I'll be the first one to tell you guys that my kid needs to step up more and contribute more on offense but sometimes I think that if you put 5 Stevie Wonders out there to defend us- they would stop us. Hopefully things turn around. As a parent, I am thrilled with what we have been able to experience with these coaches, these young men and Boston as a whole for these past 5 years- We just need to turn shit around. Fingers crossed!!!

· Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, heading out there for the next 2 games. Hopefully we bring some good luck. Just really hard to watch. It seems that when on offense, we are the easiest team to defend and when on defense, teams score on us at will. I'll be the first one to tell you guys that my kid needs to step up more and contribute more on offense but sometimes I think that if you put 5 Stevie Wonders out there to defend us- they would stop us. Hopefully things turn around. As a parent, I am thrilled with what we have been able to experience with these coaches, these young men and Boston as a whole for these past 5 years- We just need to turn shit around. Fingers crossed!!!
They are a great group of kids and a first class group of coaches. Hoping we can turn this season around starting Saturday. We still have a lot of hoops left to play.

· Registered
3,642 Posts
I admit to not keeping close track of the PL standings. But Navy's only 2 wins are blowout wins over us?? I thought they were good!

We desperately need to beat Loyola tomorrow

· Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I admit to not keeping close track of the PL standings. But Navy's only 2 wins are blowout wins over us?? I thought they were good!

We desperately need to beat Loyola tomorrow
We have not yet beat a team with a winning record. That is disturbing. I will be upset if we lose to Loyola since they seem to be the bottom of the league this year. As for Navy, DeChellis owns us . They seem to know how to defend us and how to beat us ; now 5 straight times.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts