Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
11,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This move alone can really turn things around for the spurs. He is the only one showing any sign of leadership skills or any heart. Great move by Pop. Let's just see if Big Shot Bob can fill Tim's shoes.

·
Curse of the Sonics
20,794 Posts
Re: Horry named captian

Horry has a lot of playoff experience, he has won multiple titles with two different teams. I like this move, he knows what it takes to win deep in the playoffs.

·
Registered
7,095 Posts

didnt see this comn but good job by pop i think it will work

·
Registered
7,278 Posts

Horry is probably the most experienced player on your team and by making a team captain he gains more respect from teammates and they will listen to him more.

11,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Horry is definitely no Duncan, but he's playing with the best heart. Lately, it seems like he's the only who cares. I would never have thought of a move like that, but then again I'm not Pop. Gada love em

·
Registered
10,840 Posts
I've always wanted to say this about Horry, and now I'll say it. I hated his guts with the Lakers (Of course, why wouldn't I), but even last year and coming into this year I wasn't too happy with him. However, I've been very very impressed with him this year, especially lately. He's knocking down 3-pointers, he's making big plays, and he is one of the guys that I've come to expect a good performance from every night. I'm glad we brought him back this year, and I'm glad Horry is rewarded with something like "Team Captain".

·
Registered
256 Posts
i'm willing to take whatever it is to get this team outof whatever they're doing, horry does seem like a person who can do it, especially with his experience.
i'm still looking for manu to step it up, hes been sore but he definately the guy who can lead the team(keep in mind it was him who lead argentina :D)

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
I have always liked Robert Horry back to his days with the Houston Rockets. Yes, even when he used to kill us from outside the arc. I am glad that he finally got the recognition he deserved for working his *** off and trying his best. I don't see how this will really make the team any different but I guess it can't hurt.

·
Registered
4,759 Posts
I think this is a good move. Horry has done all the little things we have asked him to do this season, and the guy is just a class act. He deserves this recognition/position and I hope the guys will rally behind him and start to win some games without TD and DB.

11,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
LineOFire said:
I have always liked Robert Horry back to his days with the Houston Rockets. Yes, even when he used to kill us from outside the arc. I am glad that he finally got the recognition he deserved for working his *** off and trying his best. I don't see how this will really make the team any different but I guess it can't hurt.
Really? I think it'll make **** load of difference. I guess we'lll have to wait a couple more hours to find out though. Horry's always been known for his clutchness, and what better time for it then this?

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
What I mean was, I don't think that making Horry captain will suddenly elevate everyone's game to a new unforseen level. BTW, anyone know who was captain these first two Duncan-less games?

11,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
LineOFire said:
What I mean was, I don't think that making Horry captain will suddenly elevate everyone's game to a new unforseen level. BTW, anyone know who was captain these first two Duncan-less games?
More than likely Paker or Ginobilli

1 - 13 of 13 Posts