Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spurs-Pacers.. Lakers-Kings(its still exciting even without shaq and kobe and webber).. and its all televised!!! plus as a Knicks fan Im excited for the debut of Lenny Wilkens as coach. Good stuff tonight!! Enjoy everyone!!

·
kiss my grits
18,629 Posts
Cant wait to see Derek Fisher, Slava, and Devean George duking it out with Peja, Bibby, and Miller .. :)

Not so hot with Shaq, Malone, and Kobe out.

·
Premium Member
9,371 Posts
I bet that you are pretty happy right now Fordy. 20 point victory over Seattle in first game. 17 assists by Marbury, wow!

I got to see Darko get 3 boards a block and an assist tonight!

·
Registered
9,747 Posts
It is amazing.

Marbury gone. Amare coming back from injury immediately looks at least twice as good as before.
He is totally dominating Golden State from everywhere inside the arc.

Controversial sure because hardly anyone has seen him since his injury but..
Amare is right now a top 5 PF in this league. It is amazing how good he has become. His jumper looks real good, his ballhandling, passing out of double teams, drawing fouls.

He is back better than ever and Suns are also better. Up 62-44 at the half and Amare 17pts in 20 minutes.

·
kiss my grits
18,629 Posts
Originally posted by <b>BigAmare</b>!
It is amazing.

Marbury gone. Amare coming back from injury immediately looks at least twice as good as before.

Amare is right now a top 5 PF in this league. It is amazing how good he has become. His jumper looks real good, his ballhandling, passing out of double teams, drawing fouls.

He is back better than ever and Suns are also better. Up 62-44 at the half and Amare 17pts in 20 minutes.
I dont think he is top 5 yet, but he probably will be.

·
Registered
9,747 Posts
Not regarding averages over the whole season.

Since he came back he plays just flat out ridiculous good.

He is shattering even my highest hopes right now. I never expected to see him become such a complete player so fast.

That one handed alley oop jam was just disgustingly sick.

·
Premium Member
9,371 Posts
Originally posted by <b>BigAmare</b>!
It is amazing.

That sounds pretty nice, maybe they just needed to shuffle things up a bit. Heh heh like the Mariners losing Griffey, getting better then losing A-Rod and getting even more better.

Mind you, it is only one game.

·
Registered
9,747 Posts
Seriously they are playing way better without Marbury.

Barbosa's shooting numbers are plain sick. Since Marbury is gone and Barbosa starting he shoots over 50%FG and 3s.

Joe Johnson plays great all around basketball.

And Amare, no words needed. The stats and plays do the talking.

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by <b>KABI</b>!
I bet that you are pretty happy right now Fordy. 20 point victory over Seattle in first game. 17 assists by Marbury, wow!

I got to see Darko get 3 boards a block and an assist tonight!
Happy isnt the word!!! the Knicks are back!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
8,925 Posts
Knicks and Suns both doing much better since the trade, so it was a good trade.

Amare has a ways to go before hes a top 5 PF, but hes young.

I like all the young talent the Suns have, hopefully they can keep some of it for their future plans. They have such a bright future with the possiblity of Kobe, all the picks, plus the 4-5 young phenoms they have now.

They still need a center though. They should really try to find one in the draft.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts