Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read on some other forums, that the Clipps will trade DMiles for Dre Miller??? a straight up trade, the other rumor is supposedly a 3-team deal - with who though??......any truth in this??:confused: :no: :no:

·
Registered
4,387 Posts
the way I heard it is Miles and Q go to the Cavs, Dre goes to the Hornets and Baron Davis and Ricky Davis go to the Clipps...and of course there are fillers here and there. But I don't think it'll happen, I think Miles will be given one more year to show up Odom (which isn't happening) and then will be packaged with Q and Wilcox for freash meat....maybe even Lebron James....but I think if the Clipps do get BD it'll be Olowokandi and Dooling for BD and Moiso.

·
Registered
983 Posts
It's suppose to be a 3 team trade, with the only thing effecting the Clippers as Miles and Jamison leaving, and Andre Miller coming. Thats the hot rumor.

Miles is my favorite player in the NBA. But, I would deal him before Odom. And, I guess I am kind of ok with this trade, though I'd still prefer to not make a move.

With Miller instead of Miles, this team could contend for home court advantage, knocking Dallas out of the Top 4.

At PG, Miller is better than Steve Nash. At the 2, Finley is better than Q.

In the frontcourt, Odom, Brand, Kandi is no worse than Dirk, Raef and whoever(Bradley? Najera? Lewis? etc).

The starting lineups are pretty even. But, the Clippers get the edge because they have balance in their starting 5. The Mavs are all about running. They don't have a true low post presence on offense to balance things out.
For the Clips, all 5 of their starters are above average post players for their position. But obviously Brand and Kandi are the most important, and they may be the best duo in the low post in the entire NBA.

Off the bench, there aren't many teams that can match a Dooling, Jaric, Maggette, Wilcox, Ely, and vets in Rooks and Pike. Clips have the dge on the bench.

Thats the only reason Id make that trade. It makes the future now.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'd like Dre, but I'll be satisfied with their current roster - DEEP UP FRONT!!!

No matter what happens.....
The Clipps will be the deepest team entering next year....
I really don't wanna see any of them leave, just settle and press your luck with KDool & Marko Jaric....

I also heard they've been raving about Wilcox's madd skillz!!!
I heard on a Sports talk the other day....
that Ely will be a tough defender with some post moves, a heavy presence in the middle - he will clogg and defend.

But Wilcox has really impressed the Clippers staff...
Can jump out of the building, and will improve on his inside game
described to have a fast & steady footwork....
they described him to be another A.McDyess???
They've been having private work-outs for the both of them

·
Registered
29 Posts
hot rumor

I do not know where Goods got that rumor as I am on alot of sites and never saw it....Perhaps he just made up the rumor as that is what he thinks should happen due to the friendship of Miles and Q......Either way, I happen to like it. That would put Maggette as a starter at 2g as well as a sub at sm....I like that...Also, I keep hearing about what a great shooter Jaric is, and maybe he can play 2g...I do not know that answer.....Then there is RIcky Davis, if that deal happens, who could help as well....Bottom line, is that I want BD instead of Dre...(As if it were my option)...

Jameson did really well in the summer league....The actual rumor was Miles and Jameson for Dre...That takes away some logjam at pf and sm....I am ok with that...But if we then take Dre and trade him for BD, the guy driving around honking his horn and then going into the nearest sports bar buying a round of drinks for every Clip fan and every foxy lady will be me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
983 Posts
I too would rather have Baron Davis. Not only do I think he is the better player, I think he is the better fit. He's got the attitude and is a vocal leader, 2 things this team needs. And, something Miller can't do, he can be that goto perimeter scorer every team needs.

Perhaps the 3rd team is Charlotte?

Who knows.

Id be fine with Miller, though I still probably might not make the deal, but I would be ecstatic at Davis.

·
Registered
4,387 Posts
the deal I posted was a "hypothetical" situation of John Lucas...he was talking about that because Ricky Davis is out regardless and they've burned a bridge with Dre.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's heating up again - Dre for D

OK Guys.....
From what I've been hearing today...
The Clipps are set to deal Miles for Miller???
I'm not sure if another team is involved, but it has been mentioned, that the trade talks are starting up again

I'd hate to see Miles Leave the Clipps and his best friend - Q
But this trade would benefit both clubs, especially the Clipps, If this does go down, they will be strong contender for the playoff's and the future as well, I know we LA fans are tired of seeing a re-building stage for the Clipps, if they get Miller, it won't be rebuliding anymore.

Have you guys heard of anything NEW??.....
Is there any truth in this heated trade speculation???
If it does go down, Wha Cha guys think overall???
:no: :upset:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts