Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today Herald and Sun Sentinel reported that house will sign a contract in the next couple of days.

Interesting:
Mark Bartelstein eddie's agent says he thinks Pat Riley is finally go young and it's possible that we not resign jim jackson .

Altough i would like it to see jj comin off the bench maybe it's better for our young guys (especially rasual) so they get a lot more playing time.

Good or bad ?
What do you think ?

·
Beer Drinker!!!
8,247 Posts
House will be used as the backup SG and PG at times,and R. Butler will be the backup SF.So I dont see where J.J. fits into Riles TIGHT 8 man rotation?With Best as the starter we will be able to use A.C. and House off the bench as an undersized but speedy backcourt,like the Kings use Bibby and Jackson.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I think the need of the day is a PF. JJ will be put on hold till Riley finds a PF. If Riley is not getting a PF, then there is a chance of resigning JJ.

I dont think we should take Riley seriously. Before the start of the 2001-02 season Riley did not sign mason, hardaway, bowen(he left). He said "What have the veterans done for us". It looked as if the new Heat would feature Mike James, Malik Allen, Sean Lampley, Rodney Buford, Tang Hamilton, Ernest Brown, Ken Johnson. By Midseason the team cut buford, james, hamilton and lampley and signed Strickland, Gatling and Jackson. All his promise of a youth movement and a fast paced offense went down the drain and we went with the old slow halfcourt post based offense.

·
Registered
239 Posts
i hope house can still have his shooters touch one thing that worries me is his height coz he's quite small for shooting guard!

·
Registered
70 Posts
House should be played exclusively at SG and not PG because he is bad at bringing the ball up. He cracks if full court pressure is applied or if he is double teamed. He also lacks the court vision to be a good PG.

I would like to see Riley use house more as a screen and shoot type player. For short bursts Riley should have players set screens for house. House should use screens to set up open Jump shots. House is one of the better shooters on the team and he is accurate from mid range.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts