Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Retired
17,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Houston's season all but over

Not that it comes as a surprise, but Knicks coach Herb Williams acknowledged for the first time last night that it's unlikely Allan Houston will come off the injured list to test his arthritic left knee this season. Houston, who has been unavailable since Jan. 28, played a career-low 20 games this season and only 70 the past two seasons.
"We have to talk to the trainers, but he hasn't really been doing anything," Williams said of Houston. "If it happened, it would be OK, but you have to get some practice time and we're not going to have a lot of time to practice. I'd have to get a feel for him in practice to see how he was feeling and to watch him run."

·
Registered
14,348 Posts
Not that it comes as a surprise, but Knicks coach Herb Williams acknowledged for the first time last night that it's unlikely Allan Houston will come off the injured list to test his arthritic left knee this season. Houston, who has been unavailable since Jan. 28, played a career-low 20 games this season and only 70 the past two seasons.

With only eight games remaining in the next 12 days, there are no more than three practice days left for the Knicks.

"We have to talk to the trainers, but he hasn't really been doing anything," Williams said of Houston. "If it happened, it would be OK, but you have to get some practice time and we're not going to have a lot of time to practice. I'd have to get a feel for him in practice to see how he was feeling and to watch him run."

Asked if his season is over, Houston said: "You have to ask [the organization]. They haven't let me on the court."
http://www.newsday.com/sports/baske...,0,5984652.story?coll=ny-basketball-headlines

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Why would hoston play if he not going to be helping himself....or the team?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts