Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If Ainge really wants to put his mark on this team ang get a point guard that can truly help the team, I think PP and James for Steve Francis and Kelvin Cato (and whatever throwins are needed to balance salaries) could be a great move for the futures of both teams. As much as I like Pierce, he's the only commodity we have that is tradeable, and we can get descent production out of Ricky and Jiri at the swingmen spots. Cato gives us a horse inside and allows Blount to walk. Trade mills for a MLE or lower power forward or swingman (perhaps Ely + something) and we have a solid looking team for the future. Next years lineup would look like

C- Cato, Mihm, Perkins
PF - LaFrenz, FA or MLE
SF - Jiri, FA
SG - Ricky
PG - Francis, Banks

Plus add some backup veterans and we have at the very least an eastern conference contender. What does everyone think?

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Pierce for Franchise

To quote Dr. Evil from Austin Powers:

"How about No!"

The fact the Rockets are said to be thinking about dealing him is all the information you need.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Re: Pierce for Franchise

Originally posted by <b>Truth34</b>!
"How about No!"

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Think about it, if Pierce isn't on board for this "re-structuring", and demands a trade, what do you think we could really get for him? Maybe an Elton Brand, or another second-tier star, but Francis has a ton of potential beyond being what he already is, a borderline superstar (and yes in the last few weeks has been a head case). Obviously PP is a bonafied star in this league, but with our imminent logjam at swingman, and the fact that we probably can't get equal value for ricky davis, this deal makes sense logistically... If PP did demand a trade, who would you think we could reasonably get?

·
Registered
13,107 Posts
If we can trade Pierce for a C or PF (a real one) then yes, otherwise don't trade him.

What's going to happen to Banks if Steve gets here?

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
I would rather have Pierce than Francis.

Francis is a great player but he really is more of a two guard than a point. You can call him a scoring point if you like. But the fact is that he is not a great playmaker who makes his teammates better (like Jason Kidd or John Stockton or Magic Johnson).

That said. I would rather have Pierce at the 2 than Steve Francis.

I know I am biased but I also think Pierce is just a better ball player than Francis regardless of position.

And what do you then do with Banks who is supposed to be the point guard of the future for the C's?

I would keep Pierce.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
hahahahha

francis.

you want a guy who skipped a team flight to goto the superbowl.

haha. thatll help.

·
Registered
67 Posts
GREAT TRADE!!!

Just think how many good pg are in the league ..not many + Cato is a solid center...so this two for Pierce...in a second

Than you can send Mills to Seatle to somehow get Murray...he can easly substitude Pierce..

Then you have a team:

FRANCIS/BANKS
MURRAY/WELSCH
DAVIS/MCCARTY
LA FERNTZ/HUNTER
MIHM/CATO/PERKINS

YOU GUYS WANTed RUN AND GUN BASKETBALL, AINGE WANT THIS..HERE YOU HAVE IT!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts