Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quietly they are 61-35 with the best record in the Major League and they did that despite the fact that they have their starting 2nd baseman Marcus Giles on DL for a long time, they are platooning 45 yo Julio Franco and Matt Franco at 1B, Chipper has been cold all year long and Sheffield is just now starting to hit like we know he can. And please don't even get me started about mediocre offense they are getting from Vinny Castilla at 3B and from catcher's position(Javy Lopez/Blanco). Also consider the fact that their payroll is no way near that of Yankees or even Mets. Not only do they have the best record in the league but also they have not lost a series in their last 20 consecutive series !!!!!

Cox is managing his arse off this year. They probably won't win the WS but will Cox ever be considered for manager of the year award ? I mean it's based on regular season performance, right ? Believe me I hate the guy myself but how can you ignore his accomplishments ?

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
The Mets are going to catch the Braves and win the NL East. Matt Franco isnt going to hit 390 the rest of the year. And your pitchers are old,tired,and overworked.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's not gonna happen. Assuming Mets play .700 ball (which is not gonna happen) and Braves play .500 ball (which is not gonna happen) rest of the way, Mets still can't catch up to Braves. Tells you how horrible they have played. Braves are waving Buh-bye to the Mutsies. Your better prediction would be that BV will be fired before the end of the season.

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
Originally posted by DP
Your better prediction would be that BV will be fired before the end of the season.
Or Steve Phillips.

Braves just won 4-1. Your boys are rollin right now but I predict a slide very soon.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If they slide it's because they know they have the div wrapped up and they start resting their starters. i truelly believe that. Braves haven't been hitting on all cylinders esp. offensivelly all season. Sorry, fat chance.

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
I expected that kind of answer from you. It wont be because they think the divison is wrapped up it will be because they are due for a slide. I dont think Matt Franco will hit 500. I dont think Lockhart will keep getting game-winning hits. Your bullpen is severly overworked. Only the Reds bullpen has pitched more innings. I respect your stance, Hey you are just defending your team. I would do the same but your team is headed for a big time slide sorry:D

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You don't understand what I am saying though. Let's assume Braves go on a slide. But Mets are like 12 or 13 games out. They have to play like .750 ball rest of the way to catch up. Chances of those two things happening "slim" and "none" and "slim" just left town. ;)

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
LOL still waiting for Braves to go on a slide ? Braves took the series from Marlins today on the road and that makes it something like 21 series in a row, at least, that they haven't lost. Last seies they lost this season was back in may. All this with Chipper hitting only 10 runns !!!! That's owesome !! :yes:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts