Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (such as Turkoglu)

Votes: 10 30.3%
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who will be the sixth man of the year next year? I want this to be like the Top 25 Small Forwards forum. Debate....

My list of nominees(not in order):

Bobby Jackson
Corliss Williamson
Devean George(unless he starts)
Robert Horry(unless he starts)
Malik Rose

These are just some of the best sixth men

·
Registered
885 Posts
i think that unless he starts and he just might so it may eliminate him from 6th man status would be al harrington. until he injured himself last year he was on his way to replacing jalen rose as the starting sf. he was more productive on a per min. basis and was really showing such great skills on both sides of the floor..i wouldn't mind if he started ahead of artest but he's got to earn it and not just have it handed over to him.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
My vote is for Horry since he is Mr. Clutch and is a great all around player. I could also see an argument for Bobby Jackson but my vote goes to Horry

·
Registered
8 Posts
I voted for other.
Ron Artest will be one of the favorites for defensive player of the year this upcoming season and he will come off the bench of rthe Pacers. If he's the best defensive player in the NBA and he's coming of the bench how could he not be 6th Man of the Year?

·
Jersey Girl
10,482 Posts
you know, normally i would have said "what about richard jefferson?" but there's really no need for that anymore...lol...so, i think my vote would go for bobby jackson.

·
Premium Member
2,683 Posts
I'll take Ron Artest if he comes off the bench, otherwise I will take Bobby Jackson.

·
A!
9,434 Posts
Devean George? Robert Horry? What a *** Name calling isn't allowed! ***
To add to the embarrassment, you put both of them on the list! I couldn't make this stuff up....

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If you can read I also put Bobby Jackson on the list KC.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I put both Horry and George because one or both of them may start and they are both good off the bench.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
My top twelve sixth men next year (POTENTIALLY, that is)...

1 Michael Jordan (assuming he doesn't start; I think he WILL start, though)

2 Nick Van Exel (assuming he doesn't get shipped to the Knicks)

3 Rashard Lewis (assuming he signs with the Mavs, which I don't see happening)

4 Mike Miller (assuming Grant Hill stays healthy)

5 Corliss Williamson (again)

6 Ron Artest or Al Harrington (whichever dude doesn't start at SF)

7 Bobby Jackson or Hidayet Turkoglu

8 Aaron McKie

9 Derek Anderson (assuming Bonzi is re-signed and starts)

10 Desmond Mason (assuming Rashard Lewis re-signs)

11 Courtney Alexander (assuming David Wesley starts)

12 Shane Battier, Drew Gooden, or Michael Dickerson (whichever one doesn't start at SG and SF)

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
KC- I don't want you ruining good threads that are going along nice. Whenever you come to post, the thread turns into a fight. I suggest you try harder to have a better attitude. If you can't wait until next season to try to beat the Lakers, don't take it out here.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Originally posted by <b>g-dog-rice</b>!
What is over is the King's season and hopes. And your life here at basketballboards.net-I have reported you to the mods. ;) :yes: :eek:
i think your overreacting. KC is a valuable member of this website. I hope the the mods do nothing about this. I think you are personally acting immature.

Please grow up!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
924 Posts
What???

Why is Rashard Lewis on you list for top 6th man???? It doesn't matter which team he plays for; Mavs, Sonics, Rockets,etc...; he will start.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I understand, what I'm trying to say is please stop arguing. I guess I just put it in a way that could be seen in a different point of view by other people. Just please calm down, and get back on subject. It is ok that you two disagree, but you've stepped over the line.

·
Jersey Girl
10,482 Posts
Originally posted by <b>KC</b>!

What exactly is a "hateful" word? Is calling someone a homer, "hateful". If so, this is the only place on the net where that applies....In addition, I'm not fighting with anyone. I am merely explaining my position. Thanks....
you're right, kc...there were no "hateful" words. there was only a difference in opinions. but, guys, let's end all of this here. i don't think i need to say anything else, do i?

·
Jersey Girl
10,482 Posts
Re: What???

Originally posted by <b>IMX</b>!
Why is Rashard Lewis on you list for top 6th man???? It doesn't matter which team he plays for; Mavs, Sonics, Rockets,etc...; he will start.
maybe there shouldn't have been a poll on this thread...

anyway, how about we all just post who we think is the best 6th man? that'll make this thread more productive. :yes:

1 - 20 of 50 Posts