Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
dayton still has 2 left. but only 1 who is coming in next year. Marcus Johnson plays for Akron St. Vincent-St. Mary(lebrons hs). they are in the d2 semi's vs Dayton Dunbar(cook - osu). the other is Chris Wright, our 07 verbal. he plays for Trotwood in the d1 semi's vs Lancaster. d1 is the highest division in ohio. our others are already out and Andres obviously isnt in hs ;)

· Registered
454 Posts
LaSalle has 3 left.

Rodney Green is playing in the Pennsylvania Class AA Eastern Final Wednesday night after defeating Richmond-bound Brian Morris' Trinity team on Saturday. A win will put them in the state championship game Saturday.

Yves Mbala and Ruben Guillandeaux are playing in the New Jersey Tournament of Champions final on Wednesday night.

· Registered
225 Posts
Hawks:
Darren Govens: - One state crown last year with a second possibly on the way; Recognition by The Associated Press as the 2004-05 Pennsylvania Class AAAA Player of the Year. Playing in state final on Wednesday.

Jawan Carter: Tatnall's Jawan Carter was named Delaware boys high school basketball player of the year today. His team won state title.

Derrick Rivera: On March 4, Neumann-Goretti defeated Roman, 44-41, (in Philly Catholic League championship) on a last-second trey by Derrick "D.J." Rivera.

· Registered
1,003 Posts
RDriesen05 said:
dayton still has 2 left. but only 1 who is coming in next year. Marcus Johnson plays for Akron St. Vincent-St. Mary(lebrons hs). they are in the d2 semi's vs Dayton Dunbar(cook - osu). the other is Chris Wright, our 07 verbal. he plays for Trotwood in the d1 semi's vs Lancaster. d1 is the highest division in ohio. our others are already out and Andres obviously isnt in hs ;)
All 4 of the Hawk recruits won championships.

DJ Rivera hit a 3 pointer at the horn to capture the Phila Catholic League title.
Jawan Carters team won the Delaware state championship. He was named State MVP.
Darrin Govens' Chester team is still playing in the PA playoffs after winning a district champoinship. I think he is in the State Championship game but I am not positive. (PA Playoff system confuses me)
Rockwell Moody's team won some Virginia championship.

· Registered
454 Posts
Govens and Chester HS are in the PIAA Class 4A Eastern Final Wednesday in a rematch against Lower Merion. A win by the Clippers will send them to the championship game Saturday.

I am hoping for a Prep Charter-Beaver Falls matchup in 2A and a Chester-Harrisburg matchup in 4A on Saturday in Hershey.

There could be 14-15 D-1 players in those two games alone. Many headed to the A-10 next year and in the future. Could be a great day in Hershey.

· Registered
49 Posts
There was a post a week or so ago on the fordhamfans board that Brenton Butler (I think that is his name) was leading his school, Norcross, Georgia pretty deep into the state championships. I shall try and get more info on this.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.