Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With 4 of there top players getting pushed around in the summer leagues by NBDL level players, it looks like the Lebron sweepstakes are on.

·
Registered
6,909 Posts
Could we be so lucky? Obviously if this happens, the rest of the league will only hate us even more then they already do.

PG: Williams or Crawford (whomever we settle on)
SG: James
SF: Rose
PF: Chandler
C: Curry

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Originally posted by cashmoneymillionaire
With 4 of there top players getting pushed around in the summer leagues by NBDL level players, it looks like the Lebron sweepstakes are on.
They'll definitely be on in Utah, that's for sure. Unless, you expect Calbert Cheaney to bring you back to the promised land. LOL.

Two things about the summer league. First, the games mean nothing and the stats mean nothing. That is, unless you live in a dream world and expect Zach Randolph, Omar Cook, and Rico Hill to tear it up next season in the NBA. Its a glorified version of the NBDL. Second, it is important in the fact that players become familiar with each other and gel together. That's about it. And the Bulls showed some flashes of playing well together, and that's the most that would be expected anyways.

VD

·
Registered
6,909 Posts
Hey, don't diss Calbert Cheaney. I'm a pretty big IU fan and Cal is my favorite IU player of all-time!

He can't help his game didn't translate well into the NBA.

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Thats pretty funny. Pulleeeeze.Gee, I wonder if Sterns would accept a petition from all the Bulls fans to go ahead and mail in our concession in this years season? Pulleeeeze. LETS GO BULLS, PROVE all your naysayers wrong?:grinning:

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Originally posted by RetroDreams
Hey, don't diss Calbert Cheaney. I'm a pretty big IU fan and Cal is my favorite IU player of all-time!

My favorite IU players of all time (though I'm a staunch Illini fan, I can appreciate my IU brethren):

1. AJ Guyton - unstoppable shooter in college, the typical 'SG in PG body' in the NBA, too bad

2. Kirk Haston - an NBA bust but he can shoot the trey baby, still looks like a 70's throwback to me

3. Dane Fife - a guy you love to hate

4. Tom Coverdale - reminds me of the guy at the YMCA that you have to have on your team

VD

·
I never slice.
2,282 Posts
Originally posted by RetroDreams

Why is that? (seriously) He's got the size and a great stroke.

·
Registered
6,909 Posts
Originally posted by Kneepad

Why is that? (seriously) He's got the size and a great stroke.
Well, I don't know why really. I know a large portion had to be due to the fact of the IU basketball system. A majority of his points came of the picket fence play to both corners of the floor, and that isn't a play that works in the L.

I know he had an injury that set him back in 96 and after he was traded from the Wiz, it fell apart. Since then he has been dealt again and hasn't had the time to fit in.

I think he'll be a good player for the Jazz, especially if Malone and Stock stick around another couple years.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: Re: How bad are the Bulls?

Originally posted by Vin Diesel

Two things about the summer league. First, the games mean nothing and the stats mean nothing. That is, unless you live in a dream world and expect Zach Randolph, Omar Cook, and Rico Hill to tear it up next season in the NBA. Its a glorified version of the NBDL. Second, it is important in the fact that players become familiar with each other and gel together. That's about it. And the Bulls showed some flashes of playing well together, and that's the most that would be expected anyways.

VD
They still sucked no matter how you sugar coat it. I actually like the players, just think they will not approve as a team next year like we thought. Also when 60% of your starting lineup is being schooled by NBDL players it is indicative of the season ahead. Long term things will be alright though.

·
Registered
6,992 Posts
Re: Re: Re: How bad are the Bulls?

They still sucked no matter how you sugar coat it. I actually like the players, just think they will not approve as a team next year like we thought. Also when 60% of your starting lineup is being schooled by NBDL players it is indicative of the season ahead. Long term things will be alright though.
we love you cash money, please post here more often :)

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Re: Re: Re: How bad are the Bulls?

Cash money, you are a pimp (I remember a bunch of your posts from the 'other' site). Holla.

I still think the summer league results don't mean jack. But I do agree that its going to be a l-o-n-g season for the Bulls and their fans. We will be good again, though not yet, and certainly not next season.

VD

1 - 11 of 11 Posts