Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
70,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
.. are blowing up.

And ours are just middle of the pack. Damn.

I think if Salim & Marvin were on Toronto or Charlotte, they would be filling it up. But I don't really know who to pin that on.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
5,637 Posts
Well at least the Hawks' rookies are actually on the team, unlike the Magic.

A lot of the guys in the middle of the first round have been pretty big disappointments, too: Rashad McCants, Antoine Wright, Joey Graham, and Danny Granger. For being billed as "NBA-ready" these guys sure haven't done much so far.

But yeah, Marvin Williams hasn't done as much as most everyone else in the lottery (except for Fran Vazquez and the high schoolers).

·
Premium Member
70,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
And the crazy thing is, I wouldn't say Salim/Marvin are playing bad. I can't say I've been disappointed in them.

Salim reminds me a lot of Jason Terry.

Marvin looks fine, other than the fact that he probably needs to force things a little bit on offense.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Salim needs to stop doing all the fancy moves; all that leads to is turnover if you're a rookie.

·
Premium Member
70,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Chris Paul: 20 points, 12 assists, 6 rebounds, 5 steals
Marvin Williams: 0 points, 3 turnovers, 4 rebounds

·
Premium Member
70,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Funny thing is Salim only played 29 minutes. That's over a point per minute..

(In Marvin's defense, he only played 19 minutes with only 4 FGA)

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
RP McMurphy said:
Well at least the Hawks' rookies are actually on the team, unlike the Magic.
:laugh:

A lot of the guys in the middle of the first round have been pretty big disappointments, too: Rashad McCants, Antoine Wright, Joey Graham, and Danny Granger. For being billed as "NBA-ready" these guys sure haven't done much so far.
Graham has looked pretty good.

I haven't seen anymore Hawks games, but I don't understand why Williams isn't playing 25+ mpg and shooting more than 4 FGA.

·
just foul
6,913 Posts
Marvin wasn't exactly blowing up college, regardless of being on the studded Carolina team. He's gonna need some time.

Salim is streaky. He'll put up consistently decent games and then erupt for 30+ occasionally.

·
Registered
365 Posts
cuz all of atlanta's young good players (cept salim) are swingmen.... Swingmen being a dime a dozen in the nba I don't understand why anyone would draft so many and then trade for JJ. If marvin is disappointing you its probably cuz hes the same player as 5 other guys on that team.

Salim is playing too recklessly for my liking, he needs to still be agressive but dish more.

·
Premium Member
70,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I didn't see the game but it looks like Marvin finally had a decent outing vs. Phoenix.

17 points and 11 rebounds. Hope he can have more games like this.

·
Premium Member
70,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Marvin Williams: 26 points, 7 rebounds (zero turnovers)

19 point loss to Miami, but those are still good numbers.

·
Registered
9,137 Posts
right when I drop Marvin Williams from Fantasy, he has a great game and gets PT.

Damn these coaches :curse:

Anyways, Salim was a nice pick and is doing good(Considering he was a 2nd rounder without a lot of expectations.)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts