·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its a joke topic I hope anyone is not taking it seriously

·
Registered
14,070 Posts
hes terrible...if i was taking that many shots and missing that many in my gane, my coach would say how selfish and not team player i am;)

·
Registered
493 Posts
It is true. Peja has sucked big time for the past 2 weeks.

Everything I'd said about him before was based on the whole season. Lets see how it goes from here.

I'm not hiding the fact that overall Peja's career has been a disappointment. Every season he has 2-3 months , or longer when he shoots over 50% and scores a lot, but then in mid march he starts to disappear, and in the playoffs he has been very inconsistent. He's had some injuries, but still it's not an excuse. This season he started out strong and has started screwing up a couple of weeks ago.

I believe he should do better than that ( they should have gone to the finals last year, even without Webber )

The difference between Peja and Lebron is that we all know Peja is a close to 50% shooter, and actually shoots close to 53% from 2 point land. Lebron has proven only that he can't shoot since even his 2 point shooting is below even 45%. Considering how many layups and dunks he gets it's pretty safe to assume that he probably doesn't make more than 25% - 30 % of his jumpshots.
It's just pathetic.

·
Nobody
6,373 Posts
Considering how many layups and dunks he gets it's pretty safe to assume that he probably doesn't make more than 25% - 30 % of his jumpshots.
It's just pathetic.
I'll bet anything that Peja gets more layups than LeBron.

According to 82games.com, LeBron makes 36% of his jumpshots. That's not as much as Peja, but it's better than you guessed.

Of course, Peja is assisted on 78% of his baskets while LeBron is assisted 48% of the time... it's harder to create your own shot.

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Nevus</b>!

I'll bet anything that Peja gets more layups than LeBron.

According to 82games.com, LeBron makes 36% of his jumpshots. That's not as much as Peja, but it's better than you guessed.

Of course, Peja is assisted on 78% of his baskets while LeBron is assisted 48% of the time... it's harder to create your own shot.
Bron is certainly "the real deal" - amazing that some NBA fans actually dislike his game - or is it just "him they dislike"?:grinning:

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Originally posted by <b>MDTS and MCTS</b>!
Peja Stojakovic's last 7 games

1. 6-18
2. 9-20
3. 9-21
4. 6-14
5. 5-16
6 8-24
7 9-23

Lebron James' last 7 games
1.6-18
2.12-26
3.5-19
4.14-27
5.7-25
6.10-25
7.7-19

Now to the point in the last 7 games shooting percentage
Peja-(52/136) 38.2%
Bron- (61/159)38.3%
That stat is so deceiving though. LeBron has missed 14 more shots during that period. It doesn't matter how many you make or your percentage, it's all about the misses. And averaged over a 82 game season that's 164 more misses. And considering the average game is within 5-10 points, and LeBron misses 2 more shots a game than Peja, that's an extra 5 points, taking into effect the fact that he constantly launches up 3 pointers, so 1 of those misses would be a 3. There for LeBron is the reason why the Cavs lose, because he costs them at least 5 points a game, every game of the season. Plus throw in the fact that he turns the ball over nearly 4 times a game (3.86) and Peja doesn't even turn it over twice a game (1.98), that's another 7 or 8 points right there. That shows even further how LeBron is the reason why the Cavs lose there games. The only times they win is when LeBron doesn't get to touch the ball as much, because when he does touch the ball, he's better for their opponent than he actually is for the Cavs.
So you guys all see now how therealdeal was right the whole time. LeBron misses 2 more shots a game and has 3 more turnovers a game, therefore he's a bust and obviously the fact is that LeBron sucks. The Cavs somehow win a few games despite him, he's just horrible. And there's no way LeBricklayer can improve, because after practicing for the past 3 or 4 years when you're 18 years old or older, there's no way you can improve, it's been proven before and you'll see again. LeBron has obviously peaked out on his potential. The Cavs should release him and pick up Paul Grant, he'd actually help the Cavs win some games, he obviously showed his talent and amazing level of skill with Utah earlier in the season. And he was drafted a few years ago by the Wolves, who also drafted Keving Garnett, so Paul Grant would definately be a better player for the Cavs than LeBron James.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Peja is not really assisted on 78% of his shots.

Moving well without the ball ( which he does ) and freeing yourself for a 25 foot 3 pointer is creating your own shot as much as anything else. That is a fundamental part of basketball ( something very few people know about these days ).
The only true assist is when you create a situation such as a double team and then pass the ball off to your teammate for an easy layup or a dunk. Passing it 25 feet back from the basket to Peja is not an assist. Guy who makes that 25 footer deserves all the credit, no matter who passed him the ball.

It's easy for Miller, Divac and Bibby to collect assists when they just have to give it to Peja and he makes a jumpshot often with a defender in his face. ( these things shouldn't count as assists, but they do for some reason ).

The fact that Lebron is assisted on only 48% just shows he doesn't work with the team, but hogs the ball and tries to do things by himself. In the process he turns it over a lot and misses 60% of his shots.

I dislike him and his game and all the hype surrounding him. Listen to him talk and he actually believes he only has an occasional off night despite shooting 40% for the year. He is delusional and a stuck up *****. He can turn it on and off whenever he wants, yeah right.

·
Nobody
6,373 Posts
It's ironic that you don't like him because of the way you perceive his attitude and his tone... because that's how a lot of people here feel about you. Keep that in mind.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts