Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How come the East has a lot of the really good players in the league (Iverson, Pierce, Tmac, Carter, Kid, Jordan) but the West is so much better?

·
Registered
924 Posts
West...

West Has:
Kobe Bryant
Shaquille O'Neal
Chris Webber
Tim Duncan
Gary Payton
Steve Francis
Michael Finley
Dirk Nowitzki
Kevin Garnett
Rasheed Wallace
Shawn Marion
Stephon Marbury
Etc...

·
Registered
71 Posts
The thing about the West is that they have a bunch of bad teams that sit at the bottom of the divisions each year, while the top teams each contain a nucleus of great and good players that make them strong. The East does not have worse players than the West, its just that the star players are more spread out through the teams with each team not being overly stacked with talent. This is my way of thinking even though I also believe the strength, power, and height is more abundant in the Western Conference.

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
Originally posted by pacersguy
How come the East has a lot of the really good players in the league (Iverson, Pierce, Tmac, Carter, Kid, Jordan) but the West is so much better?
Did you notice how all of the players you named are swingmen or even smaller, as in the not even 6 foot tall Iverson?

Many of the big men went west after Barkely made the switch from the east to the west.

A few of the more important big guys that followed Barkley:

Shaquille O'Neal
Chris Webber
Rasheed Wallace
Elton Brand

·
Kwisatz Haderach
31,773 Posts
Originally posted by spartansfan223
The thing about the West is that they have a bunch of bad teams that sit at the bottom of the divisions each year, while the top teams each contain a nucleus of great and good players that make them strong. The East does not have worse players than the West, its just that the star players are more spread out through the teams with each team not being overly stacked with talent. This is my way of thinking even though I also believe the strength, power, and height is more abundant in the Western Conference.
Spartansfan, you need an award, honestly.. because as many times as I try to explain the situation, I could never state it as well as you have.

The East is like the NFL, with it's parity, and the West is like the MLB with the perenial pecking order.

-Tim

·
Registered
494 Posts
While MJ was still with the Bulls, and was the best player in the league, all the eastern teams tried to bulid their teams with guards, so that they had someone to guard MJ.

And when Shaq moved to LA, all the Western teams tried to build their teams with big men, so that they had someone to guard Shaq.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts